Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wind turbines may increase ground temps

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

Not sure how good of a study but they may not be the incredible earth saving technology they are propagandized to be.

Bigcountry40

Solar fields might be the stupidest and biggest waste of space I’ve ever seen. I do think solar panels on every roof top of houses and apartments wouldn’t be a bad idea, government pisses away enough money on other stuff.

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Solar fields might be the stupidest and biggest waste of space I’ve ever seen. I do think solar panels on every roof top of houses and apartments wouldn’t be a bad idea, government pisses away enough money on other stuff.
Agree, plus they’ve totally wiped out green space, ecosystems and misplaced all kinds of wildlife big and small. Stupit as Dave says!
Climate has been changing for eons of centuries long before human civilizations have existed and will continue to change long after we’re gone. Pick any year going back as far as you want, there have been warmer temps in winter seasons and cooler temps in summer seasons. Just didn’t have agendas and narratives being forced down our throats and all the fear mongering we do now. More and more people are affected by weather events because there are more and more people/housing. The population explosion is an underlying issue in itself and climate is just doing its thing like it ALWAYS has.
Just my two cents.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
solar panels might make some sense in some places like the southwest but not in most of the eastern us. I’m not sure wind makes sense anywhere
IMG_1416.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
On a hot humid day those sun rays totally intensify afternoon storms. You can't tell me that a solar field reflecting those rays back into the atmosphere isn't changing things.

Foil is on aisle 7
Case studies show they increase the temperature of the area they are installed. Heat islands.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have a 1400+ acre solar project in the Supreme Court right now. "We" being my township and county. Fought it the whole way. Nobody has the deep pockets to fight these solar companies or BP in our case. They were originally 50% owner but ended up buying out the solar company of their percentage. I'm not an expert, but I've learned a ton the last few years.

Roof top panels seem like a great idea. Amazon om the East Coast was going to buy the solar power from our project. They (along with others), have quit putting them on roof tops. Maybe not completely, but last I heard they weren't doing it. Why? Fire hazard. Too many fires caused by it. Insurance companies quit covering it in some instances. Stuff like this pisses me off. They want to use our farm ground to make a warehouse in another state "more green." It is really a slippery slope though. Why shouldn't the land owner be able to do as they wish? Well. . . Storm water runoff, forever chemicals leeching into the ground, heat islands, etc. There are a few examples.

It truly is a scam in my opinion. Something like 85% of the panels are made in China. Most of them in a region known for child labor and forced labor. AKA slaves. It doesn't take much reading to find the exact percentages or articles covering the stuff. Don't take my word for it. I'm not as fresh in the topic as I was a year or two ago. It is quiet now while in the Supreme Court. Just a waiting game to see if they overturn the decision made (and upheld after appeal) by the Ohio Power Siting Board.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Hmmm had a solar field when I worked on the electric department for the city. It was down more than it ran. It was supposed to save costs to the residents , never happened. Was supposed to put ease on our grid during demand times , never happened . Was supposed to be a helping hand during outages , never happened. Was supposed to generate a reduced cost in power for our department , never happened. What it did do was take up farm land and almost kill one of us 4 in a bucket when the transfer switch didn't work during an outage. Not to mention the fun back feed into the station when good Ole boys hooked their own generators up in town :rolleyes: . I'll never be a fan that shit can screw right off. It'll never make a difference on my end of the road. Maybe in other areas though so if it's good for some then that's a plus just not for me . Although small scale the best success I ever seen was on a buddies dump trailer to keep the batteries charged between uses lol.