Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wire Haired Dauchund

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Then at 10:30, went to another track. Guy backed straight out as it was first deer on newly bought property. Maxx blew past last blood and done 200+ yds w/no blood. About the time both of us were getting nervous Maxx started ripping the deer's tail off!
GoooBoy Maxx!
Hunter is a big Maxx fan now!
20231118_230621.jpg
20231118_230822.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Today was Extra Special! Got first call from a guy who works for my old employer. (They will all know Maxx is not a bullshitter now).
I got Maxx close to the last blood and he took right off on it... after several restarts (manure spreader had just gone through). Maxx took a good track and proceeded +-3/4 mile through 3 beds and onto a junkyard. Maxx went crazy at the fence and I knew he was locked TF down on it. 70 yd loop in junkyard and I seen a rack.... Deer was dead in the 4th bed.
Gooo Boy Maxx! (I was sweatin balls until junkyard fence).
20231120_100344.jpg
20231120_093215.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Today was Extra Special! Got first call from a guy who works for my old employer. (They will all know Maxx is not a bullshitter now).
I got Maxx close to the last blood and he took right off on it... after several restarts (manure spreader had just gone through). Maxx took a good track and proceeded +-3/4 mile through 3 beds and onto a junkyard. Maxx went crazy at the fence and I knew he was locked TF down on it. 70 yd loop in junkyard and I seen a rack.... Deer was dead in the 4th bed.
Gooo Boy Maxx! (I was sweatin balls until junkyard fence).
View attachment 187908View attachment 187909
It was funny I had just asked Cody if he had any luck then I got a snap and could hear Max in the back ground doing his thing. Then actually ran into Rick and max on the road as he was trying to line up he next track. Your gonna need an oil change and a fesh set of tires by the end of season with all the running your doing.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
It was funny I had just asked Cody if he had any luck then I got a snap and could hear Max in the back ground doing his thing. Then actually ran into Rick and max on the road as he was trying to line up he next track. Your gonna need an oil change and a fesh set of tires by the end of season with all the running your doing.
None of that equalls the tails being ripped off.. Watching Maxx grow is Priceless!

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You Dog.... you jinxed me 🤣. Breaks making noises... on way home from hunting. 🤣🤣🤣

Stressless

Keene, OH
Really awesome thread, never knew there were so many dudes/etts taking shit shots. In the ass?

Great to be able to follow your adventures and add knowledge to our outdoor kits.. Respect for you and Maxx!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Proud Moment:
Was contacted to track for a brand new bow hunter. Determined shot was all muscle and encouraged him to get straight back in the stand. He had several questions about deer as to not have that ever happen again. (He was truly upset) Five days later, I received this.....
Screenshot_20231123-135027_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20231123-135015_Messages.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

And the first deer is back on camera again!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I tracked a non lethal bow shot earlier in the year. Same hunter (new and fairly young) called to see if I was available during youth gun? I advised him not even to track the deer just let it go. He said he was pretty sure he hit the deer twice with a 20 ga slug. After covering every inch of an acre and a haif it was decided that he had missed completely. Maxx was on a leisure walk an sniff.....
Today him and his Mom go to the deer blind. At daylight, they see a deer laying on the path. It's the buck he shot at during youth gun! One slice across the back but no other signs of death.... had been laying sometime since Sun night and this morning. ( He said it had a pretty bad smell to it).
FB_IMG_1700844540259.jpg

He's counting it as his first buck and getting a European Mount.