Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wire Haired Dauchund

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
What a day! I am really proud tonight. This lil fella gets better with each one. We had 4 restarts today but 2 were my fault. At a point, Maxx was lolly-gaggin around and then started pulling hard. I got worried and stopped him to go back and restart @ last blood. Second trail, he started pulling hard and showed us a few small puddles. Then we ended up exactly where I stopped him before... I got worried when I found that we were out of permission and maxx was pulling very hard. Jesse could see the deer while getting permission and I was still praying for permission. (I just knew that deer was due to lay down). When Jesse smiled and said "Let him finish what he started" It finally sunk in and Maxx got to finish the last 60 + - yds. There is no feeling like laying eyes on that deer and seeing Kay's Smile So Big! PRICELESS! Goooboy Maxx!
20240102_151922.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've never not recovered a deer in 23 seasons that either me, Tracie, or Kaydence have shot. We lost one of Tracie's to coyotes and I shot a buck in 2019 that a neighbor killed the next day, but we'd have lost this one without Maxx. I think I could have got on blood up until the 2nd restart Rick mentioned. From there, we went 150-200 yards before Maxx found blood and I'd have never went over the saddle that was halfway between last blood and the buck. We'd have grid searched that holler and never left. Honestly, it would have taken an open minded drone pilot to find it because we were so far from where I expected to end up.

Madd Maxx has only ever been to Vincent one time, but he's forever a legend in these parts!

1000007016.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've never not recovered a deer in 23 seasons that either me, Tracie, or Kaydence have shot. We lost one of Tracie's to coyotes and I shot a buck in 2019 that a neighbor killed the next day, but we'd have lost this one without Maxx. I think I could have got on blood up until the 2nd restart Rick mentioned. From there, we went 150-200 yards before Maxx found blood and I'd have never went over the saddle that was halfway between last blood and the buck. We'd have grid searched that holler and never left. Honestly, it would have taken an open minded drone pilot to find it because we were so far from where I expected to end up.

Madd Maxx has only ever been to Vincent one time, but he's forever a legend in these parts!

View attachment 190133
I’d frame that pic in poster size and hang it proudly in the man cave or K’s bedroom. Great shot👍🏻