Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Worst possiible news

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Chad, I'm bummed as hell for ya! That freakin' sucks ass man, especially knowing who's got them now. You've got some awesome genes and target bucks still roaming up there so keep the faith man. I hate hearing of these rutting fights turning out this way, no matter if it's in my hunting area or not. Cruel death and two old warriors just trying to prove they still rule the turf I guess. Thanks for posting the pic's Jesse. What a damn shame! Feels alittle early to be hearing of this crap happening but I guess we're at the pre rut door and the switch is about to be flipped or has been already!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
That really sucks...I think this sorta thing happens alot more than any of us think though...I bet alot of times it goes undiscovered. Good luck with that 8 point...Least ya know he wasn't one of the deer that died...But it really sucks having those deer removed from your options.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
THat sucks! BAD! WHat are the other racks lying there beside them?

Those are the shed bucks that I have from last year, I just wanted to compare them to see if they were the same bucks..... You know, keeping track of the current inventory.

Here is another picture from the side that shows how impressive these deer really are.....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
OMG!
That does flat out suck.

Just a thought, it's too bad the capes couldn't be salvaged. That would have made a sweet mount.

No the capes are long gone, the bucks had been dead for over a week. The guy is getting a mount done on them, he will just have to get a couple of capes from other deer which is fairly commonplace and shouldn't be that hard to do.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
From the looks of the pic Jesse posted the big 10 looks to have just shed his velvet before gettiing into this fight. His rack is pure white and looks to have no rubbing wear on it. Dang those were two monsters!