Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Worst possiible news

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I don't have time to get into a lot of details yet, but I just found out this morning a farmer found 2 monster bucks dead that were locked up from fighting...These 2 bucks were numbers 1 and 2 on my hit list for the year, including that 162 inch 8 point that I had pictures of last year and found his shed antlers. The other buck is much larger than him, a main frame 10 pt. that I almost killed last year. I hope to get some pictures, but from what I heard the farmer found the 2 bucks in the bottom of a ditch and it looked as if they have been dead for a couple weeks.

What a cruel bitch mother nature is. They were found about 1/4 mile from one of my treestands.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks. What are the chances of 2 bucks getting locked up and what are the chances both of those would be #1 and #2 target bucks :(.

Horrid way to die if you ask me.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I heard his brother has them I'm going to find out and get some pics. Same couple of guys that took my stands down last year. Guy has never kilt a deer in his life that I know of.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good grief, dude... that sickens me just hearing about it. Hopefully there's another good one out there for you to go after.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I just got back from looking at the racks, very impressive both of them. If someone else wants to post the picture that I sent them, go ahead....or I can post it tomorrow.

The big 8 point in my avatar is not one of the bucks that was in the lockup, so I still have some hope for this year, however I believe the big 10 was one of the dead bucks.

By looking at the evidence that was left, one of the bucks twisted around while they were locked up and stabbed himself in the chest with the end of his main beam on his left side.....this probably killed the first buck....then, the other buck couldn't get free and was eaten alive by coyotes by the way things looked.

What sucks even more is the fact that I drive right past close to where they were 3 to 4 times per day and I never saw any buzzards circling overhead......if I had seen that I would have checked it out.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio

Unreal...