Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wrigth State Dayton area ?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So I found out I have to take my oldest down there to take her math placement test on Wednesday morning. I will have about an hour if anybody is down that way and want to BS and meet up while she is taking her test between 11:00am and 12:00pm :D.

Let me know.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If I still worked at Wright Patt i would buddy but I'm working in Columbus now. Would like to meet ya but close but no cigar.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you get bored enough look up the Fairfield Mall. They have a Dick's Sporting goods store. Wright State is a fantastic school by the way.

She is going to go there for Psychology Major and minor in Spanish. She scored a 7 on the math placement test and can go directly into calculus 1 or a lower math class if she chooses to do so. Very Proud of her and her goals :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
One thing I was disappointed in today was Deer sightings :(.

2.5 hr almost 100 miles of roadway flanked by woods and fields (same on the return trip home) and I seen ONE yup ONE fuggin live deer all the way down and none on the way home. I seen more dead deer on the side of the road (7) then I did live ones. WTF ???

I started off going down 61 to 71 and decided to forgo the 70 route and took 40 over to 70 and 675. Should have seen a boatload of deer this morning but I didn't.

On the way home I took a different route and headed up 675 to route 4 to 36 and didn't see a damn deer anywhere. It wasn't until I was back on 61 that I seen 9 turkeys out in a cornfield.

SAD...Just plain SAD if ya ask me :(.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The deer sightings have been an all time low for me all season....

Congrats to your daughter, my best friend went to wright pat. Very good school

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Took my daughter down to WSU for freshman orientation today. Left the house at 5:45am and rolled in at 7:45am. I probably seen Joe on his way into C-bus for work on 70 somewhere too lol.

We sat through the longest most boring lectures ever lol. Got a quick tour of the grounds and some of the student body's ( love a 90+ degree day on campus)

Glad to have made it back home lol. It was a long day lol.

Huckleberry Finn

We sat through the longest most boring lectures ever lol. Got a quick tour of the grounds and some of the student body's ( love a 90+ degree day on campus)

You're not shitting me, those are boring lectures.

Like the way you worded that last part.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
One thing I was disappointed in today was Deer sightings :(.

2.5 hr almost 100 miles of roadway flanked by woods and fields (same on the return trip home) and I seen ONE yup ONE fuggin live deer all the way down and none on the way home. I seen more dead deer on the side of the road (7) then I did live ones. WTF ???

I started off going down 61 to 71 and decided to forgo the 70 route and took 40 over to 70 and 675. Should have seen a boatload of deer this morning but I didn't.

On the way home I took a different route and headed up 675 to route 4 to 36 and didn't see a damn deer anywhere. It wasn't until I was back on 61 that I seen 9 turkeys out in a cornfield.

SAD...Just plain SAD if ya ask me :(.

Doe are with the fawns right now and that is a pretty good reason why you're not seeing much right now. That's just my opinion though...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Doe are with the fawns right now and that is a pretty good reason why you're not seeing much right now. That's just my opinion though...

I seen a bunch of deer today. Seen about 10 splattered on the road along 70 from Columbus to Springfield and about 15 in fields along my 2hr. drive.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats to your daughter in getting it done in the classroom Adam!

Thanks

We always told the kids to study hard and keep their nose in the books. She graduated with a 3.77 GPA and with all the clubs she was in and having very little time to get off track I can say....I'm very proud of her.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Thanks

We always told the kids to study hard and keep their nose in the books. She graduated with a 3.77 GPA and with all the clubs she was in and having very little time to get off track I can say....I'm very proud of her.

That's great Adam, hats off to her!! That's pretty impressive!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks Hicks and CJD.

Funny thing is she is book smart as all get out but soooo street stupid it's almost funny because she tries to play it off like she knows everything lol. She has been a good kid and a blast to watch grow up over the years and will be just as much fun watching her grow into this well rounded person as she starts her college years.