Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's 2022-2023 Trail Cam Pics

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Doubt it. Still a damn fine buck and all of 4, if not 5.5 years old. This is behind my house and there's a 0% chance anyone else passes him. I rarely hunt back there now that the girls are hunting. This is their playground now, so I'd probably let him walk more for their sake than for his/mine.
I hear you….tough to let him walk when you know someone else will not. Damn shame he won’t get a chance to regrow that droptine…one that nice is pretty rare. Hope the girls get him.👍

Reactions: bowhunter1023
Doubt it. Still a damn fine buck and all of 4, if not 5.5 years old. This is behind my house and there's a 0% chance anyone else passes him. I rarely hunt back there now that the girls are hunting. This is their playground now, so I'd probably let him walk more for their sake than for his/mine.

I never considered having a broken tine fixed by a taxidermist but you have enough info to give one if you were in that situation. I'd do it I think.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have mixed feelings about that, but if I did kill him, I'd consider it for sure. Be better to find it and just glue it back on!
It’s not impossible…a buddy of mine killed a buck that had a broken g-2 and a few months later found it about a mile away from where he killed the buck. He found it while shed hunting. It fit perfectly and he just glued it back on.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Some deer just have the "it" factor and we've had a few in the 17-year history of The Farm w. No Name, but I've never closed the loop on any. This buck looks a lot like a buck we called Lebron about 5 years ago. Lebron was #8 or 9 in a list of "special" top-end bucks that just up and vanished like a fart in the wind. When I see bucks like this one, who I respectfully have dubbed Lebron 2.0, I see a buck that deserves 2-3 more years. As unrealistic as that is, it's still true. I'm fearful he'll fall to the hands of the most recent lessors of the big farm N of us, who are from PA and will likely soil their pants at the sight of this buck. This buck actually disappoints me based on history, but I still enjoy seeing him. This clip is right up there with some of the best I've ever had!

It's like he's saying: "Go ahead and get a good look at this rack because it's the last time you'll ever see it!" 😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Need a N winds this weekend if we're gonna have any fun!

e07884b1-4267-4baa-8755-09a41bb68297.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My assessment of the neighborhood this year has confirmed my pessimistic perspective. If I don't kill him, someone else will. At this point, he's also the oldest (3.5) and biggest buck on cam. I may be more patient if something else shows up or I get into them during the rut. But if he slips up anytime before Halloween, we're gonna have a showdown.

81228f1d-c93d-4c12-90ea-6435c551e789.jpg
13e0ecaa-7b5f-4f14-a776-4936877578eb.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The switch is starting to flip. This cam is pretty boring until right about now, until gun season. It's been a slow and steady increase in daily traffic over the last 7 days. These does are traveling W to E towards a good bedding area, hitting acorns long the way. This is exactly what pulls bucks through here and this scrape is about to fire up nicely!

83e6fd03-df05-45a2-8512-cfea992e0d67.jpg