Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Camera Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Spent the better part of the day in the woods checking cams and scouting the oak trees. I have two cameras on my honey hole 11 acres and typically the bucks do not show up until the end of October, so I was happy to see these two on the cam. The first buck is a deer I think might be 4 and the 8 with the kicker on his G2 is a 3 year old I have pics of from last year. I don't see me shooting either of these deer, but they would make great targets for me wife. Also have 4-5 does using this spot regularly...

Things at the farm were the same old crap. Some half-assed decent pics in there though. I'll smoke this old boy if I get a chance in a few weeks...

Always love does who have twins!

These two sparred around for almost 15 minutes...

There are 8 antlerless deer in this picture, with at least 3 being mature does. A sit in the treestand overlooking this plot would have produced 8 does, 3 bucks and 6 turkeys in a 2 hour sit. I am probably sitting here opening morning just because it is a beautiful place to catch a sunrise and I know I'll see lots of wildlife!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Your plots look really good Jesse.Good pics also and with all those does hanging around they will be sure TOO draw a big boy in when the time is right.Like that old gobbler also and hope you get him.Would be cool if your wife got the kicker buck.Good Luck!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I went back and looked at the pics of the 8 point from last year. He added the kicker and 15-20" from 2 to 3. Unless he steps in front of my wife, he's safe for another year. I know all the other hunters in a square mile radius and they'll all let him walk, so this deer has the opportunity to be something special in a year or two. Now I need his dad or grandpa to show up!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was pretty well soaked. My rain gear ain't made for walking around, so I was pretty sweaty to go with all the rain. But what a perfect day to be out!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pics Jesse! The split g2 buck could be a slob next year but it would be sweet if Tracie got him on the ground with you behind the camera.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great pics Jesse! The split g2 buck could be a slob next year but it would be sweet if Tracie got him on the ground with you behind the camera.

Agreed. I love the potential, so I won t be sad if he survives! Not sure how much hunting she will get to do, but I'll have her out a few times. I'd actually like to see her shoot the half rack. I think he's an older deer and it would get those genetics out of the gene pool for whatever that is worth.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It would probably take an "act of rut" to shoot this deer, but he's living in the same section as my honey hole and I may have seen him tonight. Got this pic from a neighbor...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380065580.634547.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Oh no, I'd shoot his ass opening day. I just don't see this deer coming past my stand unless he's looking for a doe or following one. But if he sets up shop over my way, I'll shoot him first chance.