Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 shed season

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Only thing I found in Guernsey county on Saturday.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396913739041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396913739041.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 122

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice chocolate color to that set though.

Went out with Garrett last night for about an hour. Hit a place I have never been. Right around the corner from where Ron and I went a few weeks ago. Zilch. Pretty disappointed but it was great quality time with my 9yr old. Can't put a price on that.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I had an hour to kill Tuesday night...so I went looking in a weed patch that I usually hit once per year. Found #17 on the year...a decent 4 point side with a broken G-3. The base was full of blood.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on the latest shed Chad! You know we expect ATL pics don't you? LMAO

Glad to hear someone is still looking and finding them. My hunting has really dropped off due to things needing done in the yard and I'm losing interest very fast. Lol

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I found a nice 4 point side while driving down the road this morning...saw what appeared to be a couple tines sticking up from a green winter wheat field about 200 feet away...I backed up and pulled out the binos...YEP!

Heres the one from Tuesday..

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I have walked a lot of miles in areas that should have produced sheds....that's the disappointing part of shed hunting that drives me crazy about it...I had a woods where there were 8 bucks staying consistently all winter long..ive been in there 3 times and have yet to find the first shed. Problem is there is about 300 acres of cornstubble in the section. I have rode the 4 wheeler around out there but its huge...hard to find them in cornstubble.

nis1

Finally found a nice one. Looked and looked this year and only found one tiny for horn prior to this. Was at Firestone metroparks for work last week and found this guy while walking a group of kids to little turtle pond to fish (I work for a camp that does an outdoors program with 6th graders from Akron city schools). Needless to say I was ecstatic! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397677026.966946.jpg