Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 WTF's UP CHUCK

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well Chad (BigSlam) got me motivated this morning to get out and try a groundhog hunt... He saw some out today and I finished some chores up, grabbed the .243 and out the door I went.... Got to the property and sat down and within 10 minutes this little lady popped her head out....

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

225 yards and down she went without a kick....

The official start to my 2017 groundhog hunt...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
#2 made it too the hole, with a hole, leaking.... He basically fell into it and crawled down...
Stakeout continues on known presence of said offender .....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
During a stakeout on a groundhog it's good to bring snacks... Especially since I didn't eat lunch as I got in a hurry to get out since Chad said they were everywhere.....

Belly was grumbling, no snacks just water.... Took a big drink of water, let out a sigh.... Started thinking about this chili I'm making when I get home....

Just then victims #2 shows up....

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

I don't think she had a 4 leaf clover in there....

IMG_2173.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If anyone wants to chime in with their WTF's UP CHUCK stories feel free to post them up... We can use this as a community groundhog slaying post lol...

Fletch

Supporting Member
"J" .... Nice shooting... BUT... In that pic of you and the chuck, you forgot the official TOO salute.. Dont see many pics without it...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
"J" .... Nice shooting... BUT... In that pic of you and the chuck, you forgot the official TOO salute.. Dont see many pics without it...

Dammit, I knew i was forgetting something Rich lmao....

Next one will have the salute....