Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do you still need to wear a mask if you have the vaccinations?

What good is the vaccine on this new strand going around?

Yes you still have to wear one because the "vaccine" doesn't prevent you from catching covid or being contagious. It only lessens your symptoms. It should more aptly be called a therapeutic than a vaccination.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Man sorry to hear about you guys loss.

My son called me Thursday, which is not supposed to happen, he tested positive for covid. Not sure how he got it, they tested at the start of reception week and he was negative, now almost 3 weeks later he tested positive.

He is tore up and pissed off. He has to quarantine with the other people that tested positive, 5 I think, in a room for 2 weeks. It pushes back his graduation date, will mess up when he goes to AIT and jump school. I told him it will work out, even if things are delayed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Man sorry to hear about you guys loss.

My son called me Thursday, which is not supposed to happen, he tested positive for covid. Not sure how he got it, they tested at the start of reception week and he was negative, now almost 3 weeks later he tested positive.

He is tore up and pissed off. He has to quarantine with the other people that tested positive, 5 I think, in a room for 2 weeks. It pushes back his graduation date, will mess up when he goes to AIT and jump school. I told him it will work out, even if things are delayed.
That sucks too hear, Clay.... Stuff like that has happened before Covid as well. Certain # of days and then you’re put back in the next available training group.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea he will be fine, just messed up his plans, I am glad he has a plan. He was worried he would have to miss 2 semesters of college and will have to reapply. I told him it would work out.
I’m sure with being in the military away for training and in the midst of Covid, schools are being more understanding of situations.

Reactions: Sgt Fury
I knew it...............

1611174262824.png

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Since May, I've been shaking hands and having in-person meetings like a "normal" person. There's a team I work with that's been virtual since March and is mandated to wear masks by their employer. They have had 3 people get it. I only know of 1 person in my business network to get it. Anecdotal, but clearly shows staying home and masking up doesn't work on a micro-level in my world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gern186 and giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife got the vaccine yesterday. Said she felt hot for awhile. All was well. She woke up at 2:30 this morning sick. She is currently curled up in the fecal position next to the radiator freezing with a vomit bowl next to her. Swears she isn't getting the 2nd round of shot

Ryan- I'm not sure I've heard it called this before. Does this mean she looked like shit?

Chuck- I'm sorry to read of your loss.

Reactions: Big_Holla