Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If this is true, let's get it over with. If this is true, I hope people have accepted Jesus as their savior. My interpretation of what you just typed, we will never get ahead of it. Not knocking what you said. It just sounds extremely dark without much hope. World leaders are now trying to play God. I don't see that working out.

Barring a significant scientific breakthrough that would practically eliminate all coronavirus, which pharmasutical companies have zero financial incentive to achieve by the way. The best we can do is push therapeutics. Reduce the impact through preemptive vaccinations and post treatment options and roll out new formulas as soon as a deadlier variant is detected. The jury is still out on this new Omni variant, from the cases I have seen so far it doesn't appear to be that serious. Only producing mild symptoms in vaccinated individuals, the big question is, what's the impact for unvaccinated individuals. There is the potential that it could be way deadlier to the unvaccinated. Which would appear as a win for the pro vaccine crowd. But the question remains, would the variant become such a large problem if people were not vaccinated and capable of being detected sooner through their symptoms.

Think of it this way. Ebola has a death rate of around 50%. One of the major reasons it doesn't become a pandemic is how quickly people get sick. Typically it can be detected quickly because of clusters of sick people and a quarantine can be set up and it burns itself out. Now imagine there was a leaky vaccine for Ebola where the majority of vaccinated people who get it don't have symptoms, and some only mild symptoms, but they can still transmit it. Effective detection and containment becomes near impossible, but the 50% death rate remains a real threat to the unvaccinated. Solution: vaccinate everyone.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok @Jackalope inahbe 2 questions, how do those who have had Covid-19 but are not vaccinated far in this scenario?

second do you think that means we should be vaccinated? And our children as well?

I would assume those that are vaccinate and have a natural immunity also would be the same as it is now. An increased level of more robust immunity over being just one or the other. But I think that will depend on the variant also, natural immunity only goes so far against variants, the same as the vaccination.

At this time if someone is a relatively healthy person with no known health conditions under the age of 50 I don't believe it's really needed at this time unless they want the potential reduction of symptoms. But that can all change. New variants like delta are stating to impact younger individuals harder than the original strain. So the key there is at this time. It's really up to each individual. Having met you, and if I were you, me personally I would be. You're a big dude and that's a high risk category for covid complications. In your risk group I personally wouldn't risk the known health dangers of covid against the unknown health dangers of the vaccine.

Unfortunatly I believe there will come a time whwn we'll all be forced to get vaccinated or face a variant that is far more deadly if you're not. A variant that would not have been able to spread so rampantly if it didn't have vaccinated hosts to unknowingly transmit it. To a vaccinated person it may be like a cold of flu, but to an unvaccinated person it would be a catastrophic infection. They have failed to contain this virus at every turn, vaccinations make variants damn near impossible to contain because there will be billions of potential asymptomatic spreaders. We'll be like the chickens, the vaccinated ones are fine and go about their merry way spreading it, the unvaccinated ones are as good as dead.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I ask myself many questions all the time.

Why haven't I gotten Covid yet? My son brought it home and had a mild case.
Did I have Covid and was I asymptomatic? I had asymptomatic chicken pox as a child.
Am I immune to Covid? Probably not.
Have I been exposed but the prophylaxis regimen is doing its job? Possibly.
Is the prophylaxis regime safe for the long-term?
Why does it hit some people so damn hard?
Why did they suppress medications that would have saved a lot of people?
Why does the FDA want to seal records for 57 years?
I was just with family for Thanksgiving in Chicago. Were the vaccinated (5% unvaccinated) carrying it and spreading it around? Maybe.

Asking questions is healthy, but dwelling on them is not. I've made a decision and I realize that it may have to change at some point and that I'll have to live with MY decisions and this fucked up situation for the rest of my live on earth.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Very well said Mike, I'm right there with you. I enjoy reading Joe's thoughts and Geezer's angles, but I'm not going to dwell on it any more than necessary. My wife remains the only one vaccinated in our household and it will stay that way until a change point comes. I believe it will come sooner than later, until then, living life!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sooner or later we’ll all have too get the shot. It’s inevitable. They’ll put such restrictions on you that you won’t be able too wipe your backside without it.
My hopes are the courts reject all these mandates, as they should. Hopefully Trumps stacking the appellate courts will pay off down this road.
Time will tell.
One thing I will say, if I Have too get it, I’ll be the last mofo in line too get it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How long will it take for a situation like this to happen ALL or say 50 percent of unvacced healthy people dieing? I guess ill get the poke when news of a Gates varient happens.

It wouldn't be that sudden, it would likely be more of a gradual worsening and gradual increase in vaccinations or deaths until almost everyone is vaccinated. 20, 30, 40 years after that we may have a highly vaccinated population circulating a highly deadly variant that's mitigated by the vaccine.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
There is something wrong in this whole covid thing:
Doctor after doctor on the media saying get vaccinated
Government saying get vaccinatedi
CDC saying wear masks and social distance
Thousands of people at sportijg events having a good time (no masks)
Travel restriction imposed because of dangerous varients - oh wait - we will give ya a couple days before it starts
Guys on here in fear and want retribution
State governors all over the place on mandates
It goes on and on
A medical issue turned political -

Does anyone even know wtf is right. I am not fearful of covid, my concern is for you young guys and your familes
Hope you stay healthy

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
NOT vaccinated here and it will never happen as long as I am breathing and able to fight, whether physically and/or legally.

Been within the public domain all year long and then some. Bars, restaurants, dinners, stores, so on and so forth. No different than prepandemic, unless that business and/or establishment has some kind of new CV rule and/or mandate in order to conduct business or receive service with or from.

Been around family and friends that are vaccinated many of times, up close and personal, and treat them no different than prepandemic.

I'm 55, soon to be 56 and as healthy as can be.

I researched this CV topic more than anything else in my life probably.

I have since moved way beyond and HAVE NOT changed how I choose to live my life, which is no different than prepandemic.

Media and the political establishment are professional liars, thieves and are destroying this beautiful country that I love, all from within.

I pray much for our country every day, perhaps more than ever before, hoping something happens to turn whatever negative narrative/agenda around so this awesome country of ours and all those within it can prosper, thrive and raise their family without interference from government.

This is my last post for this thread topic.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I added a lil bit below to your previous post @Geezer II 👍

There is something wrong in this whole covid thing:
Doctor after doctor on the media saying get vaccinated, and any doctor who dares to suggest otherwise is silenced and has their career destroyed.

Government saying get vaccinated after both the president and vice president said they would never trust a Vaccine developed in such a short timeframe and Trump was a liar to suggest it was even possible. Now the CDC wants 55 years to release the data they used to grant the vaccine full approval despite that only taking 108 days.

CDC saying wear masks and social distance. After the blatantly lied to the public and said masks provided no benefit and to stop buying them. Then went and scrubbed everything on their website that showed surgical masks are less than 20% effective.

Thousands of people at sportijg events having a good time (no masks)

Travel restriction imposed because of dangerous varients - oh wait - we will give ya a couple days before it starts. When Trump did the exact same thing they called him a racist xenophobe.

Guys on here in fear and want retribution. Don't confuse fear with the anger of watching our liberties, livelihoods, and republic get destroyed. Biden, Harris and the rest of the politicians are not the problem, they're the result. The problem are the supposed 81 million Democrats that allegedly voted for him. They are the problem and I view them as a bigger threat to American liberties than ISIS, Al Qaida, and the Taliban combined.

State governors all over the place on mandates. One would think since these liberal states had all the answers and Trump was all wrong they would be covid free by now.

It goes on and on
A medical issue turned political -

Does anyone even know wtf is right. I am not fearful of covid, my concern is for you young guys and your familes
Hope you stay healthy