Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Spent the majority of the day in the hospital with a family member. Just a standard procedure. Out patient. Waiting room was nearly a ghost town. Scheduled for noon. Had to be there at 1030am. Botched something in scheduling. Postponed until 3pm. I watched a mere 5 families/patients come and go in that 5hr time. Mind you, they have many rooms and many doctors. In the past there were times you could not find enough seats in the waiting room. Why is that?

I was told they are up in Covid patients and have shut down most surgeries. Standard out patient stuff is happening in centers outside the hospital. EGD/colonoscopy no longer st hospital for example. Any surgery that can be delayed they are delaying. Pretty much opening beds for Covid patients it sounds. I'm certain the vaccine mandate has reduced available staffing as well. I don't know how much of the equation can be blamed on this. I know within the last couple weeks there was a spike. ERs were on diversion. They were sending people to ER rooms 45min to an hour away for stitches or broken bone type injuries.

I scratch my head to figure this out. I believe Covid patients are up. I believe these patients are tying up rooms. I just don't know how much is a result of staffing and how much is a result of prepping extra rooms for potential Covid patients. It's a weird situation. No different than when this pandemic started: it comes down to trust. I just don't trust or believe we are getting all the facts.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just a few observations, no source is identified for the current.or any case rate. I didn't see any masks at televised College football games except the ones that were painted on. I also haven't heard of any homeless encampment being decimated by covid, they are still shitting in the streets of San Francisco. Where are they sending all of the illegals and is there an impact in those areas. More questions than answers.

Vee ask da questions!

1638456621945.png

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Spent the majority of the day in the hospital with a family member. Just a standard procedure. Out patient. Waiting room was nearly a ghost town. Scheduled for noon. Had to be there at 1030am. Botched something in scheduling. Postponed until 3pm. I watched a mere 5 families/patients come and go in that 5hr time. Mind you, they have many rooms and many doctors. In the past there were times you could not find enough seats in the waiting room. Why is that?

I was told they are up in Covid patients and have shut down most surgeries. Standard out patient stuff is happening in centers outside the hospital. EGD/colonoscopy no longer st hospital for example. Any surgery that can be delayed they are delaying. Pretty much opening beds for Covid patients it sounds. I'm certain the vaccine mandate has reduced available staffing as well. I don't know how much of the equation can be blamed on this. I know within the last couple weeks there was a spike. ERs were on diversion. They were sending people to ER rooms 45min to an hour away for stitches or broken bone type injuries.

I scratch my head to figure this out. I believe Covid patients are up. I believe these patients are tying up rooms. I just don't know how much is a result of staffing and how much is a result of prepping extra rooms for potential Covid patients. It's a weird situation. No different than when this pandemic started: it comes down to trust. I just don't trust or believe we are getting all the facts.

Our health care system cannot tolerate any complexities - it breaks down

Last edited:

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Sorry to hear that, I hope they tried ivermectin on him, the randomness of how this affects people still shocks me.
Not sure. He went down hill fast. I was texting with him when he was in ICU on Thursday....he gave his oxygen levels...didnt seem worried, and Friday he gave updates on levels and said he can't speak....not sure what that meant, then it was radio silence.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man sorry to hear this buddy. Its baffling how this impacts people so differently. You read case after case of comorbidities and how it impact those that are obese or have underlying health conditions but then occasionally there's an outlier where someone of reasonable age and appears healthy just goes downhill. Again, sorry to hear about your buddy man.