Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yeah. Except that a bad flu season in recent history has never overloaded hospitals, ran countries out of ventilators, and killed middle aged people without existing health conditions. If we just let this run it's course the death rate will be far far greater than even a bad flu season. Other than that, yeah. Just a bad flu.
You forgot refrigerated trucks parked outside hospitals to throw dead bodies in... Yup... No worse than then the common flu...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Mobile Morgues:

I've seen claims online that this image was taken in Illinois, just outside of Chicago four days ago. Supposed persons seen them being dropped off behind farm silos. Supposedly after watching them being dropped off, that individual ran over and took the photograph. Whether it's true or not, I have no way to confirm.

1585413663366.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mobile Morgues:

I've seen claims online that this image was taken in Illinois, just outside of Chicago four days ago. Supposed persons seen them being dropped off behind farm silos. Supposedly after watching them being dropped off, that individual ran over and took the photograph. Whether it's true or not, I have no way to confirm.

View attachment 98310

This is just because the weekend is coming. Going to be some shootings.

Reactions: 5Cent and Dustinb80

Fletch

Supporting Member
Lots of false claims and armchair world leaders out there. I miss coming here to talk deer hunting.
Couldn't agree more... A week or so I started a thread about having a youth turkey season... Seemed to be no interest and it dropped out of sight...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So only 4 new cases in Ohio today and the Worldometer, which I've been following, shows only 6 deaths in the US today. Either there was very little reporting today, so it seems to have stalled today.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So only 4 new cases in Ohio today and the Worldometer, which I've been following, shows only 6 deaths in the US today. Either there was very little reporting today, so it seems to have stalled today.

It's the weekend brah gotta have that time off. 😅👍. No seriously. That is strange. I keep tabs in the worldomeywrs site too and it doesn't have much data 7k new cases in NY yesterday and today it's only reporting 60 something. Hmmm.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Preface this with: it is a joke.

Now that everyone is home, they are moving military vehicles around. They'll shut down the internet and phone lines. Then we begin our war on this invisible enemy.

I took it as a joke. I actually watched a YouTube video of some dude stating this is what is happening. Personally, I think we are just starting to see the positives to the quarantine. I still suspect there will be cells pop up. Major cities and surrounding areas will get hit a little at a time. We need to be realistic. Took a couple months to get here. Hit one country here. Another country there. The spread of our country will be similar. Major cities for us will be hit a little at a time much like the spread across different countries in Europe. It isn't over. It is just going to spread slower. I think we are going about it the right way.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Huh. Couldn't have said it better myself.

""The numbers are almost meaningless,” says Steve Goodman, a professor of epidemiology at Stanford University. There’s a huge reservoir of people who have mild cases, and would not likely seek testing, he says. The rate of increase in positive results reflect a mixed-up combination of increased testing rates and spread of the virus."

"What should we be watching instead? One possibility is hospitalizations. That idea was put forward by statisticians Jacob Steinhardt, an assistant professor from UC Berkeley, and Steve Yadlowsky, a graduate student at Stanford who specializes in analyzing health care data."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-almost-meaningless-123550415.html

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Agreed. The numbers regarding new cases are meaningless. I'm interested in three numbers: Hospitalizations, Deaths, and Recoveries. More specifically, the rate at which each is changing.

I still believe the HCQ + ZPack will be the best option for those who are sick. Assuming we can manage to produce enough of it. If we don't bring back our drug production from China after this, heads need to roll at all levels.

Reactions: Cogz
My biggest fear is that we are going to be dealing with this coronavirus for quite awhile....we need a vaccine to prevent it and a med to fight it as soon as possible...until that comes we are sol....still hard for me to believe this wasn’t invented in a Chinese lab!!!!

Reactions: 5Cent