Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Schu72

Streetsboro
Not sure on a covid shot being required for school. I can see that in Ohio. Not so much in Mississippi. But nothing surprises me anymore. I will say that the MS statehouse would probably be burned to the ground by now if our Governor acted like Dewine. Fortunately, my oldest will not be old enough to attend kindergarten next year, If they mandate shots Ms allows Private kindergarten. So I have two years before I have to make the decision if they mandate it.
I think he was referring to vaccinations in general. Not covid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Geezer II

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Why does it matter what others do if the people who don't want to risk getting COVID voluntarily get vaccinated? For example you're in an at risk age group so you decide to get the vaccination, but I'm not so I don't. How does my decision impact you, you're vaccinated?

I totally agree Joe. Also doesn't mandating a shot like this totally contradict the whole pro choice argument? We've heard it screamed from the hilltops for several decades now, "my body my choice" as far as for killing unborn babies.

I could see something like this turning into a scenario where if you dont get the shot. Then forced quarantine in a specified camp of their choosing. Bring on the train cars.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Biden wants the entire population to wear masks his first 100 days in office. Dang he should know not to start a fight he can't win - unless hes look n for scape goats

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And here is the rub. Phizer admits that they don't know if a person who gets vaccinated can still transmit the virus citing the need to study that.

This would make sense of why they would push a huge mandatory vaccination program. Every person they vaccinate could potentially become a transmitter. If they don't vaccinate enough people fast enough to create breaks in the transmission chain then they could potentially make things worse. Not only would you have the people who are sick naturally transmitting it, but in addition to them the people they've vaccinated. In essence, if that's the case they didn't create an immunity vaccination, they created a shot to eliminate symptoms. People will potentially still be infected from the shot and capable of transmitting the virus. Could you imagine if everyone who got the polio vaccination infected everyone who hadn't received the vaccination.

Pfizer chairman: We're not sure if someone can transmit virus after vaccination

https://thehill.com/news-by-subject...-not-sure-if-someone-can-transmit-virus-after

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Mike

Geezer II

portage county oh
And here is the rub. Phizer admits that they don't know if a person who gets vaccinated can still transmit the virus citing the need to study that.

This would make sense of why they would push a huge mandatory vaccination program. Every person they vaccinate could potentially become a transmitter. If they don't vaccinate enough people fast enough to create breaks in the transmission chain then they could potentially make things worse. Not only would you have the people who are sick naturally transmitting it, but in addition to them the people they've vaccinated. In essence, if that's the case they didn't create an immunity vaccination, they created a shot to eliminate symptoms. People will potentially still be infected from the shot and capable of transmitting the virus. Could you imagine if everyone who got the polio vaccination infected everyone who hadn't received the vaccination.

Pfizer chairman: We're not sure if someone can transmit virus after vaccination

https://thehill.com/news-by-subject...-not-sure-if-someone-can-transmit-virus-after

Well how can you stop surface contact transmission - guess the only ones who will be covid safe are the vaccinanated ones - what the hell

Reactions: Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well how can you stop surface contact transmission - guess the only ones who will be covid safe are the vaccinanated ones - what the hell

Great business plan huh. Everyone you give the vaccine to can make everyone else sick.

Reactions: Mike

Jamie

Ohio
who in the hell is against a vaccine? I'm not going to take it, but I'm all for anyone who wants a vaccine to get it. a false sense of security is better than living in total fear, right?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well your a transmitter with or without the vaccine i guess - we ll see how this shakes out bout half the us population are against the vaccine

With the vaccine, you're a created transmitter in addition to naturally occurring transmitters. Like I mentioned before. Imagine if when they rolled out the polio vaccine that everyone they vaccinated immediately gave everyone else polio. The question then becomes, did you really give people an immunity, or did you infect everyone in a way so they only had mild symptoms but they're still contagious? This has huge implications on societal immunity.

For example with a flu vaccine, it provides immunity through an immune response which results in immune memory. They are not contagious though. So the benefit is the vaccine creates these immune barriers of people. And if you have enough immune barrier people you can halt that specific transmission chain. AKA a vaccinated kid comes in contact with a kid at school that has the flu, he can't bring it home and give it to his non-vaccinated mom because he has vaccinated immunity, and as a result, is not a carrier or contagious. Now let's flip the script, if he gets a vaccination that makes him a carrier and contagious, he will not only give it to mom but every kid at school, and everyone else he comes in contact with. The barrier becomes the spreader. When looking at the reason vaccines work, a vaccine that makes someone contagious is complete lunacy. The only way to get around that is to mandate that everyone get the vaccine in the shortest amount of time possible.

Geezer II

portage county oh
With the vaccine, you're a created transmitter in addition to naturally occurring transmitters. Like I mentioned before. Imagine if when they rolled out the polio vaccine that everyone they vaccinated immediately gave everyone else polio. The question then becomes, did you really give people an immunity, or did you infect everyone in a way so they only had mild symptoms but they're still contagious? This has huge implications on societal immunity.

For example with a flu vaccine, it provides immunity through an immune response which results in immune memory. They are not contagious though. So the benefit is the vaccine creates these immune barriers of people. And if you have enough immune barrier people you can halt that specific transmission chain. AKA a vaccinated kid comes in contact with a kid at school that has the flu, he can't bring it home and give it to his non-vaccinated mom because he has vaccinated immunity, and as a result, is not a carrier or contagious. Now let's flip the script, if he gets a vaccination that makes him a carrier and contagious, he will not only give it to mom but every kid at school, and everyone else he comes in contact with. The barrier becomes the spreader. When looking at the reason vaccines work, a vaccine that makes someone contagious is complete lunacy. The only way to get around that is to mandate that everyone get the vaccine in the shortest amount of time possible.

I understand - the jury still out on this

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I understand - the jury still out on this

They're shipping tens of millions of doses around the world but can't say that it doesn't make people contagious. Seems like the jury has reached a verdict without all the information.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you have information that says it does make people contagious - please share if you do - thanks

Sure. Right here is the chairman of Pfizer when asked that exact question.

Holt asked Bourla, “Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?”

“I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now with what we know,” Bourla responded.

Geezer II

portage county oh
Sure. Right here is the chairman of Pfizer when asked that exact question.

Holt asked Bourla, “Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?”

“I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now with what we know,” Bourla responded.