Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Rut Report. What County? Conditions?

Bowkills

Nw oh
took a drive just before dark last night. Most bucks ive seen since bachelor groups in July. Saw scraping and sparring.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Only saw 1 scrape in woods today. Does we’re grouped up with yearlings still with them. Dropped a few grunt sequences with some can bleats. No action. Was on a usually busy oak flat between a 2 year old clear cut and hay fields.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Last night 6 does. Not a buck to be seen. Tonight I saw 13 does and one buck. Three year history with him. Has always been narrow rack. He sniffed around. Didn't really harass them. Moved towards them and they moved off. He didn't pursue. He is ready. They are not. Still not seen any mature bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20191028_184712.jpg
    IMG_20191028_184712.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_20191028_184502.jpg
    IMG_20191028_184502.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 593

Lucky

Sunbury
My area hasnt started much yet here by Sunbury area. Got wed and thurs off this week and going to hunt new farm in ostrander area i just hooked up on. About a week from now itll be worth sitting all day . 7th thru 12th. Always great days. Cant wait for the fun to start

Floki

Windshield Report.Yesterday saw a spike buck cruising field approximately a150 yards from it saw a nice shooter buck cross the road. Then in evening saw a doe bender close to road.

This morning saw a nice buck with a doe standing in the middle of road about to cross on to my property. Actually was right where I told my buddy to come hunt today last night.😂No show.

All of this is in my area here you don’t see bucks in the fields heck ya don’t even see them cross roads.

Single does bedding close to road. Etc I’m saying in my area things are starting to take flight. 21 days of awesome starts now. It will only get better

Lucky

Sunbury
Seen 2 bucks chasing a doe this evening. One buck was well over 130's and had the loudest grunts I've ever heard lol, it was so loud I thought someone was screwing with me til I seen him out in the field
Had a doe once walking thru woods bleating the doe in heat sound and thought for sure itwas another hunter fucking with me. Was not experienced back in day or would have let her go by calling in bucks. I shot her. I would love to have that to redo. Never heard a doe in heat that vocal again.

Buckkillr

Athens
Had a doe once walking thru woods bleating the doe in heat sound and thought for sure itwas another hunter fucking with me. Was not experienced back in day or would have let her go by calling in bucks. I shot her. I would love to have that to redo. Never heard a doe in heat that vocal again.
I've heard it all over the years but have never heard one so damn loud 😂. If a normal grunt was a 3 on the sound scale then this guy was a 15 😲. Dudes a screamer

Reactions: Sgt Fury

CodyB

Massillon OH
I grunted and used my doe bleat and within 5 minutes it drew a nice 8 point and small 6 or 4 point into me Monday night in Stark county. They both came in with their nose to the ground.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
after this weather moves out better be in the tree, ill be hunting a couple areas where there are a bunch of scrapes i think they will be freshing them up this weekend hopefully in the day light

Outside

Nice 8pt chasing a bid doe along OH257, in metro Ostrander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk