Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Rut Report. What County? Conditions?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
97572465-F191-429F-BA9A-47188C5D2309.jpeg
13C0B1F0-B999-4244-8F38-95F46E8632BD.jpeg
E72E3116-0B8D-4021-9E44-E99579F4969B.jpeg

This guy came in again last night checking for the ladies. No daylight pics yet, but other than pics the last two nights, I’ve never had any pics of him before. Definitely a roamer so the rut must be getting close if not already here.

Reactions: Spencie

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Best night hunt of the season so far! 8 does, 2 bucks. First buck about 4:30 nice wide rack( couldn’t count, he was cruising) nose to ground chasing a hot doe, about 100 yards in front of me. Later group of does with fawns came in grazing, got chased off by a 4 point grunting a storm. First time witnessing a fresh scrape made where a doe just pee. Great night!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One hot doe on 150 acres and she's all but shut down activity on our side of the fence. Shows how easily your rut experience can change. If I could hunt the thicket their in, I'd say it was indeed popping off. Instead, I'm 600 yards away and in the creek, not on the ridge their on. Ever since my buddy saw them disappear into there this morning, I figured it'd get lonely where I am now! 😂

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
One hot doe on 150 acres and she's all but shut down activity on our side of the fence. Shows how easily your rut experience can change. If I could hunt the thicket their in, I'd say it was indeed popping off. Instead, I'm 600 yards away and in the creek, not on the ridge their on. Ever since my buddy saw them disappear into there this morning, I figured it'd get lonely where I am now! 😂
Well, you could always rub one out.😂