Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Turkey Season

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Who here is getting ready for the upcoming season. I went out today and patterned my new gun to figure out what shells she likes... while pulling in the driveway I saw a hen in the field.
While I was putting everything away I heard four different gobblers going crazy. Turkey season can't get here fast enough.
20190406_124517.jpg
20190406_130834.jpg

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
That was out of my versa max with the Turkey choke that came with the gun. Thag was a 30yd pattern with 3.5" Winchester XR Longbeards #5 shot.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We heard about three. They were all across the road so we jumped in the truck and made a move to sort out where they were. We found em. If they are still roosting in the same area next weekend we should be in good shape. That’s the most turkey scouting I’ve done preseason in years. :).

Isaacorps

Columbus
Well I guess it’s official, bought my Kentucky license and tag today. This’ll be my first out of state hunt. We’re heading out Friday afternoon and camping the weekend. Planning on hunting all day Saturday and Sunday morning before heading back. Saturday weather looks about perfect, Sunday not so much. Hopefully we can get a Sunday morning hunt in before the rain gets bad. Either way, I haven’t been this excited to hunt in a long time and Friday afternoon can’t get here soon enough!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Cleaning put the garage tonight and they are gobbling across the road. Has me fired up. Savannah said she wants to hunt him this weekend but im saving that spot for myself. Season needs to be in already.

Hunter II

Ran the feeder up until 2 weeks ago to try to encourage the hens to nest close. It appears to have worked and these guys have been hanging around too. Should be able to get on one tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stump and Sgt Fury

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Wayne National.
5:45. Got into woods this morning. Heard one gobbling from the road. Walked about .6 mile in. Set up and it quit gobbling.
Went up another finger ridge and heard gobbling where we were previously.
Went back and set up again. Had Tom come in out of range on a shelf across ravine. And hen come in about 10 yards. She was calling back to us before we saw here. No kill with my boys today, but a good day for turkeys talking on public land.