Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Spring Turkey Thread

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This has been quite the season of failures. My goodness!! Crazy morning. Had one come at me right off the roost and beeline to my gobbler decoy. As he was beating the hell outta the decoy I let one fly. All I did was add ventilation to my blind. Are you kidding me?!? Guess I should’ve had the window down a little more.

Entry wound...

Exit wound...

So, he heads down to the woodline and over the hill not really knowing exactly what happened. He’s gobbling and I hear a Hen and another gobbler. Pretty soon both gobblers are in a war and fighting about 75 yards in front of me. I got great video but they never fought my way.

Fun morning!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
This has been quite the season of failures. My goodness!! Crazy morning. Had one come at me right off the roost and beeline to my gobbler decoy. As he was beating the hell outta the decoy I let one fly. All I did was add ventilation to my blind. Are you kidding me?!? Guess I should’ve had the window down a little more.

Entry wound...

Exit wound...

So, he heads down to the woodline and over the hill not really knowing exactly what happened. He’s gobbling and I hear a Hen and another gobbler. Pretty soon both gobblers are in a war and fighting about 75 yards in front of me. I got great video but they never fought my way.

Fun morning!
That’s a good time right there! Well other than not taking him home with you.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Heard one gobble yesterday evening around 8:35. I should be in his house right now but he ain’t talking yet. I start nights this evening. Will try for quick off the limb hunts over the weekend

Last edited:

Big H

Medina
Birds on all three of the places I hunt still have hens. Coshocton, Carrol and Jefferson. One of the things that we are dealing with this year is corn feeders or piles. Guys that never hunted turk's apparently think it is OK to hunt over bait. My buddy killed a bird in Ashtabula that had corn in it. Funny thing is, no corn fields anywhere close. We have both heard birds get shot, and heard no calling or gobbling? I'm just saying.

rooster85

Lake County
I’m not a big spring turkey guy as I’m usually working but with my vacation right now I figure I might as well get out.

Can you hunt all day in the southern zone yet? The DNR website is down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk