Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Spring Turkey Thread

Fletch

Supporting Member
I’d say screw him and go do both. Unless it’s like the Maumee and people are standing shoulder to shoulder
Brock, opening day is elbow to elbow.. Guys standing in the stream at 5 am waiting for the opening bell at 8 am...Real zoo...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I've walked about 20 miles in the mountains the last few days and finally caught up with some birds that avoided us this morning. My brother had 7 birds in this area yesterday with one hen and they would not leave her. Today 4 of them were by themselves and would gobble but not come in to a call. We left them alone and came back a few hours later and caught them in the field. Drove around the block and ran up the mountain to cut them off worked out just like we planned. we should have doubled but my brother couldn't get a shot we will be back after them In the morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-171452_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20200407-171452_Snapchat.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 10452.jpeg
    10452.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 208

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was supposed to be headed to NC today but with everything going on I thought it would be best to stay home. Joseph keeps sending me texts about how many birds he’s seeing though. Arg.
Hoping I will be able to at least get some hunts in WV later in the season but that might be questionable too.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Had at least 17 in my alfalfa field (which is beside the house) last night around 7:00. 4-5 Toms, 7 Jakes and some hens. Say in the blind there this morning. Heard a couple gobbles way off. Got back to the house and there are 3 Toms, 5 Jakes and 5 hens below the house. They never said a thing. Been here all morning. Watching the Toms out the bedroom window at 60 yards. 2 are laying down and one is strutting.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
View attachment 99525

Solid with bullhead broadheads out to 15yrds. Anyone hunting with bow using a different 'head lopper' broadhead? For shots out to 25 yrds I use a fixed 3 blade head and deer arrow for body shots, haven't used it in three years just wait for a close in shot.
Good shooting! Now make that target dance around like a live turkey and I’ll be impressed. 😂. I had to do it. In all seriousness, I think headshots are the best way to shoot at a turkey with a bow. Either you hit or you miss. No turkey flying off with an arrow sticking out of it.

Stressless

Keene, OH
@jagermeister yepper, the one below is me missing at 8 yards one year ago!! But the dolt came back and I was able to get my collective fecal matter co-located... it was pandaleerium in side the blind, thought they were walking away so switched to a regular broadhead, then he came back switched back to a bullhead... lol... stupid birds... if you look close, I did nick him with the first shot.

One week and a wake up....

Last edited: