Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Ohio State Buckeyes

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Shame. SMH.

Screenshot_20211002-195849_Chrome.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Have you ever watched the Buckeyes season? Don't answer that. Lol.

I liked what I saw against Akron. But. . . It was Akron. I liked the portions of today's game that I saw or listened to on the radio. I'm hoping they continue to build on each game and finish the season strong. Two games aren't enough to know, but I feel we are righting the ship. Oregon was a game we didn't have to lose. But. . .we did. This is just part of being a Buckeye fan. You might say we are slow starters. Slow early in the season. Sometimes decide to start playing in the second half. I'd really love to see a dominating season someday. But I'll root for them whatever they bring to the table.

Reactions: the Lackster

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As a Buckeye fan:

We are five games into the season. Should we continue to improve each game, AND the unbeaten teams keep falling. . . Too early to say much, but there's still a chance. Penn State and Iowa deserve the shot more than us at this point. But, this has been a season of ranked losses in the first half of the season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Have you ever watched the Buckeyes season? Don't answer that. Lol.

I liked what I saw against Akron. But. . . It was Akron. I liked the portions of today's game that I saw or listened to on the radio. I'm hoping they continue to build on each game and finish the season strong. Two games aren't enough to know, but I feel we are righting the ship. Oregon was a game we didn't have to lose. But. . .we did. This is just part of being a Buckeye fan. You might say we are slow starters. Slow early in the season. Sometimes decide to start playing in the second half. I'd really love to see a dominating season someday. But I'll root for them whatever they bring to the table.

I bet I've watched more buckeye football than most. 🤣. like it or not I've rarely been wrong in my observations too. Urban was still solidly the darling God of OSU when I was saying he needed to be removed. I knew Tuf was junk and would eventually cost you guys, yet they kept playing him. I screamed that they should give Burrow the ball and bench Barret. Day will get it figured out, Oregon was the Buckeyes just being the Buckeyes. Losing to at what the time was the #3 school doesn't seem like such a big loss, but to see that team a couple games later take an L to an unranked team makes one wonder just how bad that loss to Oregon was. It looks like you guys have some pretty stiff competition up north this year in both teams. And a pretty big test coming up in two weeks with Penn. Time will tell.

Reactions: finelyshedded

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Still talking about Urban? He was a great coach for a great team and like you my observations are dead nuts fucking perfect. Rarely wrong lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I bet I've watched more buckeye football than most. 🤣. like it or not I've rarely been wrong in my observations too. Urban was still solidly the darling God of OSU when I was saying he needed to be removed. I knew Tuf was junk and would eventually cost you guys, yet they kept playing him. I screamed that they should give Burrow the ball and bench Barret. Day will get it figured out, Oregon was the Buckeyes just being the Buckeyes. Losing to at what the time was the #3 school doesn't seem like such a big loss, but to see that team a couple games later take an L to an unranked team makes one wonder just how bad that loss to Oregon was. It looks like you guys have some pretty stiff competition up north this year in both teams. And a pretty big test coming up in two weeks with Penn. Time will tell.
I totally agree with this post and if you look back to all my past posts about Urban you’ll see I said the same exact thing cept I said Burrows after transferring will when the NC, MVP, win the Heisman and be first pick in the draft….😎😂🤣

Reactions: aholdren

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I totally agree with this post and if you look back to all my past posts about Urban you’ll see I said the same exact thing cept I said Burrows after transferring will when the NC, MVP, win the Heisman and be first pick in the draft….😎😂🤣

Yeah I wasn't going to go that far. I knew the kid had talent but you nailed that one. (y) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’m really impressed with Georgia this year and they are my pick to win it all. Barring injuries and not looking past ANYONE till the end of the season I’d say THEY are the team to beat. Saban has Bama right up there too but if comparing defenses the Bulldogs are playing like the Tide defenses back in they’re hay day and they have some great talent at their skill positions on the offensive side as well. Question is can their coaches keep them grounded like Saban can, we shall see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got to say CJ Stroud has moved to the next chapter as of late. Room for improvement, but substantially better than his start of the season. He is still leaving his receivers in some bad spots at times. He is going to get one of them decapitated at some point with over throws, under throws, or balls behind them. BUT: substantially better.

Let's see continued improvement for him AND the defense and play it one game at a time. What happens post season happens. We have a loss. All we can do is play out the season and we need to do it in a dominating style. Even then? I don't know.

Jamie

Ohio
OSU defense cannot improve enough this season to compete at the playoff level. just not enough only way we win the Big 10 is to outscore everyone, which is entirely possible. yes, I know that's how you literally win every game, but you know what I'm saying.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, no more 6 yards in a cloud of dust!

I agree with Jamie, I don’t see D getting much better at least to the Georgia or Bama level. When we play a top tier(top 15-20) team we’ll have to score 80 to 100% of our drives to compete or win. That also means no TO’s and little to no penalties. I don’t know if it’s a talent level problem or lack of coaching them the correct fundamentals or if it’s the lack of the desire to play harder. They looked like they played with more heart today which is a good sign but if these DB’s don’t stop giving their assignment so much cushion our opponents will continue to take advantage of that. Ughhhhh
Just my opinion…

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm being optimistic. @Jamie I agree it will be difficult to get to the next level on D. I just want to see continued improvement and hopefully by playoff time it is "good enough."

@finelyshedded The DBs do look better than the first couple games. I thought they looked decent today. Not perfect, but not terrible.

Reactions: Jamie