Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Orange army

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
The amount of random new vehicles parked in local fields this morning was mind blowing ! Be safe guys looks like alot of new soldiers this year 😂

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Boredom is starting to win. ..lol

20211129_080201.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Saw 1 mature doe at almost 1st light, then 6 fawns and one small maybe 1.5 year old doe. Feel bad when u have to pay nearly a dollar a pound for freezer fill and still do all the work. B back out soon.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
By the looks of the motel parking lot, the number of people participating in gun season is way down. It’s a trend that I’ve noticed over the past two seasons.
I grew up hunting my grandpa’s and his neighbors farms in Vinton county. The last time I hunted there was about 10 years ago. I can promise you, that trend has been going on longer than 2 years. The chaos that was gun season is a thing of the past. People that do still gun hunt often do not take off for opening day anymore. With two Saturdays to fill a tag, I think they save vacation. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but it has definitely changed.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Only heard two shots this morning. One shot was coming from my right around 7:15 and one shot was coming from my left around 7:45 and had hope it would push the deer towards me but think they bedded down in the wood by my stand for the day.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Heard around a dozen shots this morning…nothing close. Haven’t seen a deer yet. Going to take a walk to the rear of my property and sit up ontop of the hill looking down into a ravine. Going to find a spot for a morning sit while I’m up there. Maybe sit the blind mid day and bounce around morning sits and afternoon sits. I need to change things up as the past couple of seasons there just hasn’t been the deer movement that there used to be.