Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Sheds

Big Weff

Athens
Two more roadies today, and yes the barbed wire fence was also electrified.😂
217E5AEE-CFC8-455B-8C5E-0E344FA1523F.jpeg
68257D72-B228-42FB-8BA0-D8F81B1342DF.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That’s spectacular considering you’re walking just 1 or 2 places without bait piles on top of that! Goes to show you the incredible draw that one farm has for the bucks during the winter/ spring seasons when they do start throwing down. Lol
Not many small sheds in that pile either and there’s a good chance you still have several still laying on the ground that hopefully you’ll find while turkey hunting.🤗👍🏻

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Big Weff

Athens
Did you do the handshake? You know flailing your hands afterwards dispels all the electrons that were injected into them, right? I read that on the interweb 😂

It‘s also the international symbol for the fence is hot 😂😂😂
I did a little dance for the cluster of trailers across the road, half expected to be on you tube today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: giles and Spencie
Ohio
What’s common courtesy on road sheds? Are you picking these up on properties you have permission to or own? I haven’t found one myself and I’m sure it would be tempting to jump out and grab a shed lying out in a field off the road. However, being a landowner I would lose it if I saw someone jump out of their truck and run out into my field and grab a shed. Just curious on everyone’s thoughts.

Big Weff

Athens
What’s common courtesy on road sheds? Are you picking these up on properties you have permission to or own? I haven’t found one myself and I’m sure it would be tempting to jump out and grab a shed lying out in a field off the road. However, being a landowner I would lose it if I saw someone jump out of their truck and run out into my field and grab a shed. Just curious on everyone’s thoughts.
Always track down the property owner. Unless like Giles said it’s in the ditch. With my job I know most everybody in the areas that I’m picking up the roadies. I have never once been told no, they usually laugh and ask why I didn’t just pick it up. Some of my best shed hunting farms have come from road finds and talking to the owner, I had one road find last year result in 7 sheds between my dad and I off of the same 20 acre farm. Turned out my dad worked with the guy at OU.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Walked a few or more miles today on places I’ve found a few on earlier hoping to match a few up and came up empty. Was surprised to see a few freshly opened up scrapes on the two properties I walked today. Only took one pic but both props are only a mile apart. Here’s the pic that took.
0D2DD96D-18B4-4AA5-9F80-2BEA29809AE6.jpeg

Best way to test a fence to see if it's live is to piss on it! Just make sure you have video rolling if ya do!
I laughed at a hunting dog for doing that, then some years later I found out that newer fences send pulses and not continuous voltage for myself!
Trust me shaking things does nothing for dissipating the shock one receives. That was in the 70's by the way...

Reactions: Big_Holla