Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Sheds

Stressless

Keene, OH
The Mrs nickname is Momma Bear or (MB) 🐻 ... well, we went to fill up the skijump feeder to bring some fawns in to watch.

She says there's something someone in the tube she's looking in, its a nest, I think, lake July its done they're fledged... pull the twig nest out and yup, three very angry birds 🐦 'about fledged' ... so MB starts getting misty- so I replace the chick's and nest and lightly joke the last nest, with fledgling chick's, I took down and tossed in the pond after I fed the bluegills - I knew the bass Would be lurking....

annndddd so I am dumping corn on the ground to not impact the baby birds about this point.

... she walks off... she comes back within 30secs - is this a Bone?

MB 🐻 found her first shed!!

20210731_175002.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Yup, wasn't under water. No clue. What options are left? Hanging in a honeysuckle bush?
Dave, I've had bucks holding in April with antlers just like your shed. I still have both TC photos and videos of them from this year. In a matter of a couple of weeks, that same buck started growing new ones. I suspect your shed is of one that held on late and just so happen to have found a soft dark home in the woods someplace. Your buddy's dog was able to wiff it out where perhaps it was not obvious to anyone walking about searching for them.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Okay, here is one of them in mid March, but I am still searching for that last antlered capture of'em. I have another buck as well that held late.

View attachment 133235

Okay, I'm having a little difficulty locating that other late buck obviously and I'm pretty sure it was a daylight TC morning video capture of'em, but anyhow, the buck that I last posted I believe lost his antlers that day. I am fairly confident this is him below when he showed up later in the evening the same day. I had multiple bucks with antlers going into the third week of March. I'm still searching for the other one though, going through each TC videos and if I find him, I'll post him too. I'm pretty certain that it was on 4/1 or somewhere around that date.

Shed Antlers.jpg

Last edited: