Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Show off. He’s pretty. And will likely stay that way for a while. At least it’s a fun show to watch.

Attachments

• D060EA4E-F41F-4D8B-ADF8-7BB198AF0982.png
    D060EA4E-F41F-4D8B-ADF8-7BB198AF0982.png
    429.9 KB · Views: 80

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you have a gobble call, try it. He may think he’s missing out on the party. Got nothing else to lose.
Valid thought. Unfortunately I’m already tired of packing all the necessities. I brought a gun, three shells and a slate call. All my other toys are in the truck. He’s gonna need to get over here and get killed or I’m gonna have to run him off shortly.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Very quiet in this part of the county, three guys spread across 500 acres... one globbel.

The globbeler I got yesterday had a crop full of whole corn. Someone isn't playing nice... shot around 830 so he was most likely on one of three neighbors.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He moved a little closer. Now he’s back to strutting for rubber decoys and gobbling nonstop. He did this the other day and called up two hunters that ran him off. They were on the farm yesterday but I haven’t heard their crow, owl or coyote calls yet today.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That was cool of Chad too do that.... That’s an awesome looking call and glad it worked out for you and Cole..... Chad made me one with a feather from my first turkey, had it out on the back deck last week messing with some toms.... Next time you talk too him tell him I said hey....
Will do J..I have another call with a feather from my first bird also J...killed a bird using it last year.

Reactions: aholdren and "J"

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Ok need some input from you guys. I have been with this bird the last few days. The red was his roost and path Monday and Tuesday. The blue is this morning. He came to 35 this morning and I choked and blew the shot. He ran off. So my question is will he come back there or should I give it a rest for a few days. And with that being first I have caught him roosted different will he keep using that one or completely abandon the area? I have no clue. I'm 5yrs into chasing these birds and this has been my only chance at a bird. Open to ideas.
Screenshot_20210428-134444_Maps.jpg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Ok need some input from you guys. I have been with this bird the last few days. The red was his roost and path Monday and Tuesday. The blue is this morning. He came to 35 this morning and I choked and blew the shot. He ran off. So my question is will he come back there or should I give it a rest for a few days. And with that being first I have caught him roosted different will he keep using that one or completely abandon the area? I have no clue. I'm 5yrs into chasing these birds and this has been my only chance at a bird. Open to ideas.View attachment 126292
It's been my experience that the bird is very unlikely to revisit places lead flew at him. Doesn't mean you can't kill him elsewhere though.

Big H

Medina
Very quiet in this part of the county, three guys spread across 500 acres... one globbel.

The globbeler I got yesterday had a crop full of whole corn. Someone isn't playing nice... shot around 830 so he was most likely on one of three neighbors.....
I would call the game warden and let him know that. I call it poaching and have no tolerance for that shit.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Apparently he’s gonna stand at 100 yards and gobble at the decoys all morning.
If you have a gobble call, try it. He may think he’s missing out on the party. Got nothing else to
I hung with it until 1030. Finally just got up and ran him off so I could get to work. This is the third time I should have killed him. Third time he has eyeballed the decoys and strutted. No decoys tomorrow.
can you bring someone with you and have them setup 80 yards behind you? When he hangs up again, he’ll be in your lap.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Keep your peace! I’ve killed plenty of birds with kernels of corn in their craw! If their feeding them and their dropping dead on your place,,,, Your winning!!! It’s a pea brain bird that is fun as hell to spend time in the spring trying to have success doing!
This post is @ stressless

• Haha
Reactions: Stressless