Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Brian and I had an awesome hunt this morning. Got in on a late morning bird. Brian worked him for about an hour when a hen showed up. Brian started sweet talking her and brought her in on a rope. Unfortunately for this gobbler he followed and that’s all she wrote. Very thankful for the calling efforts on the first bird. It’s been a 3 year effort with some awesome hunts in between.

25lbs
10.5” beard
~ 1 and 3/8 spurs

View attachment 126242View attachment 126241
That is a great picture. Congrats on the bird.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I received a nice gift in the mail from Chad after my Dad passed away in February and used it to get Cole his first bird today. Has a pic of Dad in it doing one of the things he loved.. trapping.
I think Dad was looking down on us with a big smile today.
20210425_093833.jpg
IMG_20210427_175212.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I received a nice gift in the mail from Chad after my Dad passed away in February and used it to get Cole his first bird today. Has a pic of Dad in it doing one of the things he loved.. trapping.
I think Dad was looking down on us with a big smile today.View attachment 126246View attachment 126245
Did Cole get him with trad bow on top of that? If so, WOW!!! Double kudos to you both!! Soooo cool! Your dad is definitely smiling regardless!

Reactions: Boarhead and OO2

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I think Dad was looking down on us with a big smile today.View attachment 126246View attachment 126245
That’s a fine piece of art! Every thing about that hunt is nothing but Awesome fellas! Thanks for sharing Great Memory

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That was cool of Chad too do that.... That’s an awesome looking call and glad it worked out for you and Cole..... Chad made me one with a feather from my first turkey, had it out on the back deck last week messing with some toms.... Next time you talk too him tell him I said hey....

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
That was cool of Chad too do that.... That’s an awesome looking call and glad it worked out for you and Cole..... Chad made me one with a feather from my first turkey, had it out on the back deck last week messing with some toms.... Next time you talk too him tell him I said hey....
I have a glass call from Chad that has been involved in 4 turkey deaths this year alone. His calls are wicked good!