Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I went after the bird that has gave us the slip a couple times. I cheated and took a strutter in there. Worked like a charm. Mason shot him at 5 steps. 23 lbs. 12”beard. Spurs are 1 3/4”. By the measurements, he’s the best bird either of us has killed.
8D98CC88-2EC5-4726-8A96-3FDF6850890B.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Whoa, that's a monster! Congrats Brock and Mason! The kid keeps killing World Class animals....good grief!!!!
I told him the same thing! He picked up the bird and said, “look at these hooks”. To me, turkeys are all the same. If a Jake puts on a show, I have no problem killing them most days. Turkeys are just turkeys, to me. The hooks on this one though, really set him apart from most birds. He killed this one on the youth only area of Paint Creek. I mentioned to some of the folks that were over here camping during the last TOO outing that I’d be happy to point kids in the right direction. Maybe next year I’ll personally guide a kid or two on the area. The first time we chased this group of birds we did a four or five mile loop to get on them because they were on the opposite side of the lake from where we were hunting. Obviously, I found a much better way to get close to them, and he shot this bird within 200 yards of a paved road.... super easy access to get a kid in there. The youth only designation has made for some great opportunity for kids, and obviously a few older birds. Heck, his second best bird was killed on the area too.