Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Turkey Season “Live”

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I got back and set up in a clover plot about 150 yards from him. He gobbled 5 times when I first got there. Waited 4 hours. Nothing else. I had to walk past where he was. After I got 250 yards behind where he was he gobbled. I slipped back and got within 75 yards and he gobbled again. 5 minutes later one putted once to my right. I never saw it. I assumed it was him and went home. Then I get this pic. Maybe tomorrow I can sit there quietly.
582ED198-C72F-4C09-AAD9-61A5C3C1B690.jpeg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I got back and set up in a clover plot about 150 yards from him. He gobbled 5 times when I first got there. Waited 4 hours. Nothing else. I had to walk past where he was. After I got 250 yards behind where he was he gobbled. I slipped back and got within 75 yards and he gobbled again. 5 minutes later one putted one to my right. I never saw it. I assumed it was him and went home. Then I get this pic. Maybe tomorrow I can sit there quietly.
View attachment 127448
Check?

Reactions: Big_Holla

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I had a great morning. Worked a group of gobblers. Had em inside 30 yards several times and couldn’t get them shot. We heard several hundred gobbles from those birds this morning, all before 9. We’ve hunted those birds twice, same story both times. Close but no bird. It’s awfully thick in there. We will try them again on Tuesday before school.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Well I took my cell cam down for the first set up because I didn’t want to shoot it. You can’t see a thing sitting down so I moved. My daughter is at the hospital in labor so since he wasn’t giving away his position I decided to go home in case I need to get to the hospital. I went and put the cam up and my wife texted to stay in the woods a while. So I sat down behind the cam for a few minutes but didn’t like what I could see. When I stood up there he was at 30 yards. I got the gun on him running away but didn’t pull the trigger. He is dumb. I am dumber.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
My season is done.

Had an absolute blast hunting with my son. Yesterday after we got out of the woods, my dad, brother and son drove around and told stories from the different locations we used to hunt at EVWA. My son was laughing his butt off. I'd get out at different spots and walk a bit and call but never got a response.

While walking my son saw his first in person in real life beaver dam and lodge.
20210516_085147.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I worked yesterday. He walked by the cam twice. I set up on the road again this morning with very little vision. He was roosted in the usual spot and jumped down in the new clearing which he doesn’t normally do. . There was a hen roosted between us. He gobbled until 8:30. At 9:30 I thought a fawn stepped out on the road at 25 yards. By the time I figured out it was a coyote it was too late to shoot. He went right to where the gobbler was and I heard putting. Going to sit here until 11:00. He will be on cam shortly after.

Stressless

Keene, OH
"Those Hooks" Congrats!! It was getting down to the wire....

@Hedgelj It's awesome to be there with kids when Beaver are at work. Beaver are a key player in the trophic cascade of ecological change. I hope he collected a nice "beaver stick" to use walking or whatever... Very cool.

Reactions: Spencie