Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Youth Season

Ohio
Trailed him about a hall mile. Found 3 bed. Frothy blood. Starting to pitter out. Guy who has tracked for me in the past is booked. Any recommendations. Jefferson/ carroll area.

Attachments

• 6743B81E-0F38-40A3-ABC1-032404239389.jpeg
    6743B81E-0F38-40A3-ABC1-032404239389.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 108

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wish all the youths luck! Much success to you all. And best of luck I'm tracking Shoot-Straight.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Trailed him about a hall mile. Found 3 bed. Frothy blood. Starting to pitter out. Guy who has tracked for me in the past is booked. Any recommendations. Jefferson/ carroll area.
I just seen this. Been a busy day for sure. I normally would go but in a blind now and booked for tomorrow morning as well. Hope Someone takes it. Jump on Ohio Deer Trackers and post it. Someone will hollar at ya.

Ohio
No luck. Gave it our all. Jumped him after losing blood and grid searching. He did not seem very hurt and I could not find his bed out any other blood. He was about a mile out from the shot. This was about 24 hours after the shot. Still baffles me that she hit him in the left shoulder and it came out the right hind quarter but didn’t hit anything lethal. Good news is she can’t wait to get back in the saddle. She thought she burned her buck tag and was pretty upset until I told her that wasn’t the case.

Buckmaster

Portage
No luck. Gave it our all. Jumped him after losing blood and grid searching. He did not seem very hurt and I could not find his bed out any other blood. He was about a mile out from the shot. This was about 24 hours after the shot. Still baffles me that she hit him in the left shoulder and it came out the right hind quarter but didn’t hit anything lethal. Good news is she can’t wait to get back in the saddle. She thought she burned her buck tag and was pretty upset until I told her that wasn’t the case.
A2DDEEB0-C471-42A5-A234-4866B556B576.png

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We had a great hunt tonight. Saw total of 16 deer, 4 bucks. Almost had one crawl in the blind with us. 5 pointer no more than 10 feet from the window. Had a shooter chase a doe within 20 yards of us as we were getting out of the blind. It was crazy. Needed them to show up 10 minutes sooner. Was just too dark to make it happen. All the fun and no mess. It was a hunt we won't forget.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Was out all morning, saw 4, no shot opportunities.

My brother's stepson wanted to sit where we had been and saw a large 8 point and promptly shot the tree next to it. Buck walked off and an hour later came back. He shot again and the deer trotted of with no sign of being hit. My brother started tracking and called me. He tracked it 300 yards and then bounced it out of a bed and it came walking up my property line. I got my son and the 450 so we could help and tried to circle around it. I lost sight of it through the brush near the corner of my property. I had my thermal and never saw it. I went and let the neighbor know but couldn't find any blood and the next property over doesn't allow hunting.

I had put in an SOS text for Max and Rick got back to me and gave me a good idea on how to try to get permission.

I called them up but no dice, not even with just a dog and no guns.

There was no hair at the location of the shot and very minimal (drops) of blood for the first 300 yards. At the bed site there was a smear of blood the size of my hand on a single leaf. From 20 yards past that for the next 200+ yards on my property and the neighbor's no additional blood could be found. When i did see him he looked "tired" but was moving just fine up my hill which has 140 feet of gain over the 200 yards we trailed him over. He was shot with a savage 20 ga shooting the Hornady shells....a solid hit should have produced more blood ime.

My brother is gonna confirm it's zero this week before next Monday.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I didn't hear a single shot all weekend long and I live in the woods, plus I archery hunted both Saturday & Sunday evenings.

I'm just simply amazed that I didn't hear a shot all weekend long.

Glad to see that some here have capitalized over the weekend.

Congrats to all the successful young hunters!