Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 Buckeye Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jeremiah Smith is next level talent at 17-18yrs old. Wow!

First half looked blah. Felt like we were dominating but only 7-0 at the half.

Announcers mentioning Cade MacNamara "has already beaten the Buckeyes once as UM QB." Heard it more than once. Iowa RB talked smack before the game from what I hear. Called out OSU defense. Other than his last run of 28yds. . . They have shut him down. I think they said he was the second ranked RB in the nation? Second in yards? Yards per carry? Don't remember.

Second half is feeling a lot nicer than the first half "so far." As Alabama found out last week, the game isn't over until it's over. Plenty of time for Iowa to fight back. I don't think they will, but it could happen. 😁

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jeremiah Smith is next level talent at 17-18yrs old. Wow!

First half looked blah. Felt like we were dominating but only 7-0 at the half.

Announcers mentioning Cade MacNamara "has already beaten the Buckeyes once as UM QB." Heard it more than once. Iowa RB talked smack before the game from what I hear. Called out OSU defense. Other than his last run of 28yds. . . They have shut him down. I think they said he was the second ranked RB in the nation? Second in yards? Yards per carry? Don't remember.

Second half is feeling a lot nicer than the first half "so far." As Alabama found out last week, the game isn't over until it's over. Plenty of time for Iowa to fight back. I don't think they will, but it could happen. 😁

Sabanless Bama is about to take an L to Vandy for the forst time in 40 years. I think they know all too well. 😅😅

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The defense getting takeaways is a big difference this year! Sawyer said he wanted the defense to help the offense more this year and the D was the difference maker in the second half tonight. They are much improved when it comes to ripping the ball out and the D-line is one of the best in the country, especially our ends. We still have room for improvement in the secondary and this whole starting slow thing needs to get cured, but it's a good start. Next weekend will be telling!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I forget the exact stats they offered in the post game shows. Second half scoring was OSU 100+ versus something like 10 points by opponents. I feel like they've been backing off the throttle in the second half. Lots of second and third string playing time. NOT a complaint. That is invaluable playing time. You never know when you will need the next man up.