Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.204 ruger

bowhunter54

hey guys i have decided to get a .204 ruger and was wondering what the best rifle to get like remmington,ruger,cz,savage,ect
any suggestions will be really appreciated thank you

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Dude it is all really Ford/Chevy/Dodge etc...

Here are my choices and why :

Most economical but still solid - Marlin X series closely followed by Howa. I like these over the Edge by Savage for budget rifles. The Marlins have a shit ton of extras in a great price point ($269 on sale) and I love there button rifled barrels and good triggers. Howa makes the American 527y in .204 Now that I think about it the closest Marlin makes is a 25-06...so never mind on the Marlin...

Mid Grade - IMHO you can't beat a Savage with the Accutrigger. The mid grades are where it is harder to decide. IMHO Remington rifles haven't been the same since Cerebrus Capital Management bought them. A buddt that I would trust with rifles still swears by them though. For a strictly hunting rifle my list would be - Savage then Ruger followed by Remington.

Upper end - Browning X bolt...I have an A-bolt (22-250) with the BOSS system that I love so I am a little biased. A Winchester 70 Coyote light is pretty sweet also but it is around $900.

Actually here is a reference of rifles available...

http://www.204ruger.com/204_rifles.php

Beentown

Last edited:

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I have had GREAT luck with Savage and accuracy right out of the box. I just have to damned many, that's all! :smiley_bril::smiley_adfundum: