Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.350 Legend

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I chose to purchase all CMMG components, so I'm sitting at $500 with the barrel, gas block and gas tube, compensator, bcg, and two 5 round mags. I didn't have to have a new bcg, but I chose to as my plan is to eventually gather all the parts to build a complete light weight upper for the 350, and put the Rock River .223 upper back together. On the other hand, you can buy a complete Bear Creek upper for around $300. Just depends what you want to spend.

I'm building this gun for the entire family to use. I've got a .22 plinker Target to get the kids into shooting and having fun, then I plan on working them up towards the .223 and eventually the 350. That will be a few more years down the road though.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I may have to play with this as well. 450 or 223 swap will be the question.

If you swap with the .223, all you really need is the barrel and the right length gas system, as well as a magazine. The bcg for the .223 is the same. But you should always check head spacing when installing a new barrel.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Definitely, I just considered swapping with the 450. Or I'll just build her up from scratch. I'm still undecided though, as I'm considering going bolt with the 350. Use it for sitting and the 450 for running and gunning on deer drives.

Buckmaster

Portage
Ordered 2 five round mags, 2 boxes 170 grain Hornady ammo, and Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot scope. I couldn’t justify the 1MOA Trijicon RMR. Now I’m waiting for the upper to become available.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Had a chance to out a few down range today. Gun shoots well, and I'm anxious to spend some more time at longer ranges.

145gr Winchester FMJ at 50y off the bipods. According to the ballistics, -1.5" @ 50y zeros the rifle at 150y. Misread the box before I went out and put it 1.5" high @ 50y. Easy fix.

I'm having failure to feed issues. Going to contact CMMG tomorrow and talk with them. With a single round in the mag, it will feed and upon firing, the bcg locks back like it should. If I have a loaded mag, after the shot, the bcg isn't picking up the next round, and is jamming half way up the casing. I'd say it's a mag issue and may need to tweak some.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_133855.jpg
    IMG_20191017_133855.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20191017_132038.jpg
    IMG_20191017_132038.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 425
Reactions: 5Cent and Big_Holla

Buckmaster

Portage
Sounds like a mag issue. I bought 2 CMMG mags because they are made from stainless steel. I thought they would be better then alloy or plastic.

Lucky

Sunbury
Saw one on a Drurry outdoors used on a big buck. They were saying it was a new rifle from winchester. The buck they took with it dropped in its tracks.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Greg, that rifle looks familiar ;)

What has CMMG saying? Maybe cut down a PMag and see if it has the same issues. Feeding issues should be minimal with this round.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks JB. I landed with your referral as the 20” heavy option might be too long for kids. . My son and I will trial it for you.
So you did order one? I can't find any reviews online. The price just seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So you did order one? I can't find any reviews online. The price just seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

I was wondering the same thing the other day when I came across them. CMV barrel so that's a plus and we're only talking about a couple hundred yard gun here.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Yes. I ordered it today over the $229 Bear Creek which was on B/O. Figured I’d gun hunt with it this season here in Ohio. Next build is a .45 Raptor on an AR10 for next deer season.