Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

4H projects

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well done to the entire Notta Lotta Acres Team!

Kaydence received a Superior and is headed to state with her woodworking project. My dad got to be her mentor. Chickens arrived last week and it's the heartiest bunch we've ever, so things are looking good on the livestock front.

1000008372.jpg

1000008377.jpg

1000008654.jpg

Isaacorps

Columbus

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Last weigh-in before fair is complete, what an adventure. Chomps is in (if he doesnt die - see below) at 215lbs. today and Pepper is still under at 186lbs. Puts him close to 230lbs final weight, and her at 200lbs. Both under what we set the target at to kick off the year, but nothing that can't be corrected next year should one of the boys decide to take again. The biggest learning would be to get older ones next year, born in mid Dec/early Jan. These were 1/31 birthday, a couple of weeks wiggle room would be $.

We move in next Sun, they get weighed Monday 8/5. We decided we would haul 1 at a time today to help the seperation anxiety continue to progress (they've improved a lot during walks - 1 locked in barn while other is out walking/out of sight/out of sound), Ty would stay back and clean the stalls. Well, we loaded Chomps first and I made it half way out the drive before he went completely ape shit in the hillbilly hauler. He got his front legs up on the door and was able to bust his head up thru the last roof board. I was able to quickly turn around and get him unloaded near the barn. We got him back in the pen, and he's all scratched up on his shoulder and his chest are with a couple good cuts in his front hocks.....well shit.

At this point he's completely stressed, tail just hammering like crazy. Got him on water, ty got to brushing and calming, while I went to work on the hauler. Got her all buttoned up, threw on an extra ratchet strap, lol, and decided fugg it, let's load em both, we gotta get them weighed.

I made it to the farm (25mins each way), and my FIL helped unload and get into the weigh/wash room. I had to lift his fat ass up onto the scale, and he just laid there. They got a good rinsing to cool off and got em loaded and back home.

Moral of story, don't take away the pussy....even if it's your sister🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Isaacorps and giles