Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A biggen killed on the WN

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks guys..

Gern..its looks that his brow tines were broke off early..However..they are smooth..i guess from rubbing...I took chance on those tracks..they could of been 2 does for all i knew...The only clue that they could of been bucks is that the tracks were staggerd..which means its a deer with a wide chest..compared to a doe...Thats what the old timers in Maine told me..Look for big tracks and look for tracks that stagger each other....So..I figured i had nothing to lose..go follow them...go have fun. I was lucky they were still on their feet..If they were bedded, they would have busted me long before..:smiley_bril:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Paul, how far did you have to drag that deer? From readin your narrative, I figure it was 2+ miles.....I think I'd really struggle with that... How long did it take you? Hopefully you were headed downhill most of the way...just thinkin about what you musta had to do to get that guy out makes me tired...

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Dan..

The worst part was getting him up out of the ravine..That took about 2 hours because he kept wanting to sliide back down..Once i got up top it was fairly easy even tho it was far..Id say once i got him up top on that skid road..it was about 1.3 miles to the truck..At some points he was sliding past me and i had to hold em back..The most important factor i was trying to do was keep my heart rate from going thru the roof...I took alot of breaks lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Mtn,

1.3 mile drag. WTH dude lol. I would have died beside that buck on the trail lmao. That isn't easy on a couple of guy and doing it alone is even worse yet lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Paul did you use one of those plastic sled or just the old fashion way? The plastic roll up sleds are sweet way to get them out... Next to a 4 wheeler that is lol

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Did you find a team of horses out there or what???:horse: A mile and a half??? You must work out with Chuck Norris!!!lmao

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
LOL..Its actually not bad..im used to dragging deer long distances..The long drag out is part of the adventure..and besides,,its a great oppurtunity to spend some quality time with my buck....lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
LOL..Its actually not bad..im used to dragging deer long distances..The long drag out is part of the adventure..and besides,,its a great oppurtunity to spend some quality time with my buck....lol

Did you seriously dry hump your deer? I knew your WV hilljacks were a bit backwards, but dang... :pickle::smiley_deer: