Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Advise in truck upgrade

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I would recomend never buying one. They're pretty worthless.
Amen!!! I bought my latest truck at the height of Covid. Vehicles weren’t moving. There was a glut of them. Found it in WV. Probably the most honest, down too earth dealership I’d ever dealt with. Finance guy was a no BS tell it like it was. Said he’d give me the warranty for $600 from toyota and he’d make $100 bucks on the deal. I passed. And he said good move as he doesn’t get them either as they’re a waist of money, but he has too offer them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The huge showrooms...is that what gave it away? State of the art everything.
Some of that is the manufacturer. Same thing happened to our local Ace Hardware. Upgrade your storefront to this modern look or we pull your dealership from you or we yank your Ace Hardware branding.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Amen!!! I bought my latest truck at the height of Covid. Vehicles weren’t moving. There was a glut of them. Found it in WV. Probably the most honest, down too earth dealership I’d ever dealt with. Finance guy was a no BS tell it like it was. Said he’d give me the warranty for $600 from toyota and he’d make $100 bucks on the deal. I passed. And he said good move as he doesn’t get them either as they’re a waist of money, but he has too offer them.

Ha sweet shit. I've seen them upwards of 2k.

The last vehicle we purchased was this Durango from the Lexus dealer in blue ash. The bridge was out for repair in downtown cincy and they were hurting. I found it online and called the guy once a week with an offer. He finally relented after a month and agreed as long as we dealer finance. I agreed pending an acceptable rate. I paid $900 over trade and signed a 7% rate. The next week I refinanced it through the local credit union for 3.5... We actually had to wait another week because the finance company didn't even have the paperwork yet. 😅 Fuck em. I don't feel bad for screwing them.oit of their finance kickback.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ha sweet shit. I've seen them upwards of 2k.

The last vehicle we purchased was this Durango from the Lexus dealer in blue ash. The bridge was out for repair in downtown cincy and they were hurting. I found it online and called the guy once a week with an offer. He finally relented after a month and agreed as long as we dealer finance. I agreed pending an acceptable rate. I paid $900 over trade and signed a 7% rate. The next week I refinanced it through the local credit union for 3.5... We actually had to wait another week because the finance company didn't even have the paperwork yet. 😅 Fuck em. I don't feel bad for screwing them.oit of their finance kickback on such a stupid rate.
Basically did the same thing, ink wasn’t dry on the paperwork when I refinanced with my credit union. They love finan vehicles at 1/3 of their value!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What the hell happens to the trucks that don’t make 200k? I am confused

Scrap, parts, auction houses, junk yards, salvage etc. There is a whole section at auction houses for what's called mechanical salvage. Where the price to repair is more than the vehicle is worth. They break and people cant afford to fix fhem so they stop paying the loan and get repossessed. The lenders auction them off as mechanical salvage.

Reactions: Clay Showalter

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's what they offer now. I don't think you can even get the electric ones yet. There's 21s with the 5.7 slightly used though. In all the models within 200 miles. I've looked recently...because...cough cough
Have you read anything on the process too replace one of the turbos yet?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Son just traded his 15 gmc z71 w/101k on it for a 19 tundra crewmax w/13k on it. He paid 24,500 for the gmc 4 years ago. They gave him 23,600 on trade.
Crazy times out there!

It's crazy man. Kbb on my 2016 durango with 93k on it is the same today as I bought it for with 21k on it 4 years ago. Its times like this I wish I had a yard full of shitboxes. 😅

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
7F73343A-43B9-48EE-9440-002D1A6E5599.jpeg

A year in the making and a 12 hour road trip later….. Buddies new 2022 F-250 XL Super Duty, outta Kentucky…..