Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BCS Smackdown...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That's what 5 bucks should have been doing... Just sayin... LOL You knew i had to go there...

Yep. To that I say this: If you wanna beat us with out 5 of our best players (well 4 really, but Thomas sealed the deal with th INT) out of the game, then good for you. But as a fan, I want to my best to beat your best so there are no "well ifs". We played a red-shirt freshman corner and true freshman saftey the majority of the second half and they still couldn't close the deal. So by crippling us through suspensions, you no doubt get your win judging by how the secondary played in the second half. But where's the fun in that? Our best beat their best last night and even our unproven young talent played well. The front three of Hayword, Larrimore, and Williams played their best game of their career IMO. I also thought Devon Torrence played a hell of a game despite the fact that we didn't recover the strip he created. Now I do believe we split the series with them if we played 10 games. Ryan Mallet will be a star in the NFL. That kid is perfectly capable of shredding any defense in the country and that running back was a huge surprise to me, he's a beast. Fact of that matter is we made plays when we had to make them and that's what wins ball games.

Talk whatever shit you want about Big 10 #1 versus SEC #4, but I look at it this way. There is a talent difference right now between the two conferences and I don't fault anyone for that. It's just the way things go. Equate it to what you will, but given the talent gap, we beat a damn good football team that was without a doubt good enough to win our conference. And regardless to their conference rank, they could easily be playing for the National Championship IMO. They lost a heart breaker to Alabama because Mallet had head up ass and threw two late picks. Then lost to the No. 1 team in the country after playing a good bit of the game without Mallet. If they beat Alabama, they get a chance to avenge the Auburn loss and if Mallet plays and plays well, they could be No. 2 playing Oregon Monday. So you can belittle our win all you want saying it was a #4 team in the SEC, but we beat a damn good football team last night. By default I guess that means we must be a pretty good football team as well. :D

I'm still proud to be a Buckeye and Big 10 guy. I realize the Big 10 is weak right now and my Buckeyes have earned a reputation I don't like, but we took a step forward last night. Time to start pulling for a NCCA Men's Basketball Nation Championship! If you have not watched them play, watch 5 minutes just to see Jared Sullinger dominate. He'll be one and done, but he could win us a title...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. To that I say this: If you wanna beat us with out 5 of our best players (well 4 really, but Thomas sealed the deal with th INT) out of the game, then good for you. But as a fan, I want to my best to beat your best so there are no "well ifs". We played a red-shirt freshman corner and true freshman saftey the majority of the second half and they still couldn't close the deal. So by crippling us through suspensions, you no doubt get your win judging by how the secondary played in the second half. But where's the fun in that? Our best beat their best last night and even our unproven young talent played well. The front three of Hayword, Larrimore, and Williams played their best game of their career IMO. I also thought Devon Torrence played a hell of a game despite the fact that we didn't recover the strip he created. Now I do believe we split the series with them if we played 10 games. Ryan Mallet will be a star in the NFL. That kid is perfectly capable of shredding any defense in the country and that running back was a huge surprise to me, he's a beast. Fact of that matter is we made plays when we had to make them and that's what wins ball games.

Talk whatever shit you want about Big 10 #1 versus SEC #4, but I look at it this way. There is a talent difference right now between the two conferences and I don't fault anyone for that. It's just the way things go. Equate it to what you will, but given the talent gap, we beat a damn good football team that was without a doubt good enough to win our conference. And regardless to their conference rank, they could easily be playing for the National Championship IMO. They lost a heart breaker to Alabama because Mallet had head up ass and threw two late picks. Then lost to the No. 1 team in the country after playing a good bit of the game without Mallet. If they beat Alabama, they get a chance to avenge the Auburn loss and if Mallet plays and plays well, they could be No. 2 playing Oregon Monday. So you can belittle our win all you want saying it was a #4 team in the SEC, but we beat a damn good football team last night. By default I guess that means we must be a pretty good football team as well. :D

I'm still proud to be a Buckeye and Big 10 guy. I realize the Big 10 is weak right now and my Buckeyes have earned a reputation I don't like, but we took a step forward last night. Time to start pulling for a NCCA Men's Basketball Nation Championship! If you have not watched them play, watch 5 minutes just to see Jared Sullinger dominate. He'll be one and done, but he could win us a title...

Oh I agree Jesse.. Doesn't mean I'm not going to yank your chain.. Btw.. Not sure if you remember this post i made from last weekend..

I think OSU is going to pull it off. That's just me though..

I knew OSU would win.. At best Arkansas is a 75% team 50% of the game... They played typical SEC football last night... Suck ass in the first and come out after the half and decide to play some ball. Alabama is probably THE WORST in the SEC for doing this.. Always have been.. The old joke was that Bear Bryant took them boys in the locker room for the half and took his belt off. IMO i was surprised Arkansas could come back as much as they did.. Between dropped passes and falling on a blocked punt in the backfield without a buck around, it was there's to lose in the 2nd... And lose they did. I knew as soon as they lined up on the 25 with 1:04 on the clock that they would fugg it up and blow it. I didn;t even get excited about their possession. I just knew it.. I even told Been and Moundhill as soon Arkansas got the ball back that they would fugg it up. First play, horrible.. Second, he throws a pick that a pewee league kid could have read. Game Over.. I never expected Arkansas to win this game. Do I think they could win the game with the talent they have.. Sure.. Would they? No..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In all respect to your post Jackalope and with all respect to the Buckeyes, I don't think it was just a half time pep talk that brought Arkansas back. The Buckeyes tend to get a lead and play ultra conservative. In the past this has led them to eek out wins and lose some heart breakers. When the punt was blocked, you thought "They'll fugg it up" and many Buckeye fans thought "I knew it was too good to be true. Stinkin' conservative play calls."

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
In all respect to your post Jackalope and with all respect to the Buckeyes, I don't think it was just a half time pep talk that brought Arkansas back. The Buckeyes tend to get a lead and play ultra conservative. In the past this has led them to eek out wins and lose some heart breakers. When the punt was blocked, you thought "They'll fugg it up" and many Buckeye fans thought "I knew it was too good to be true. Stinkin' conservative play calls."

I'll agree with everything you just said here Phil. As an outsider (Michigan Fan), I've watched OSU play the conservative card way too many times. They get a big lead, and then try to "play nice" by not running the score up. Tressel is one hell of a coach, but he's gotta learn that it's not a bad thing to run up the score. This ain't pee-wee football!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
WTF! First Beentown, and now you! No good for nothin', maze (wtf kinda team color is Maze?) and blue cheering fools!

Thanks for the props on Tressel. He is a class act. Sure can recruit too!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Man, I watch every Big Ten game I can. Michigan is my team, but I don't root against the Buckeyes unless it's "the game." You can give me all the crap you want, but I can take it.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Man, I watch every Big Ten game I can. Michigan is my team, but I don't root against the Buckeyes unless it's "the game." You can give me all the crap you want, but I can take it.

Oh he can take it alright!!! rotflmao

I agree with Phil's first post. I said as much at half time. I told everyone it wasn't over and we'd find a way to lose or scare the dogshit out of us. Seen it way TOO many times...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Source: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...s-tcu-uses-billboards-ohio-state.html?sid=102

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Texas Christian University is throwing a jab at Ohio State and university president Gordon Gee -- in the form of billboards. TCU, fresh off a victory over Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, appears to be retaliating against Gee for comments he made about BCS non-automatic qualifying schools, like TCU and Boise State.
"Having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools," Gee said a few months ago. "We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day."
An electronic billboard at the corner of Grandview Avenue and Riverside Drive displayed the following message on Friday:
"Congratulations to TCU for their BCS Rose Bowl Victory. - From the Little Sisters of the Poor."
Prior to traveling to New Orleans to watch Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, Gee told 10TV News that people had been asking him about his comments.
"He said, 'What do you think about TCU winning,' and I said I'm going to New Orleans tomorrow and I'm going to a restaurant and I'm going to see if they serve crow, and if they do I'm going to eat it."
Ohio State said Gee was out of town on Friday and unable to comment about the billboards.