Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bear Hunt Is On.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
George, I also got the text and email... It's pouring out however... But going to check non cell cameras I have out... Just a quick run in woods and leaving gun home... Watch me and Yogi come face to face...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nothing special. Maybe 250 lbs.. But it's late in the year and camera has only been out since Sun. Not what I want... So might have to be a game time decision...

Attachments

• PXL_20221206_222003442.jpg
    PXL_20221206_222003442.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20221206_222040638.jpg
    PXL_20221206_222040638.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20221206_222123000.jpg
    PXL_20221206_222123000.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 64

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
So you can bait but not hunt over the bait?
Rich is the expert as I’ve never hunted bear in Jersey but it sounds very similar to the law they had for baiting deer before it was legal. You could put out bait but couldn’t hunt within 300’ of it. Gun clubs used to put huge bins of bait out in the middle of woods that was next to woods they weren’t allow to hunt then would setup and drive the piece they were allowed to hunt at first light. Wardens used aircraft to find the bait then would direct wardens from the ground. I’m guessing that’s the same thing they do when it comes to bear baiting. I’m also pretty sure you can’t drive bears but not positive.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok here's last year's laws regarding baiting... Perfectly legal to bait.. However you could not hunt from an elevated stand, blind either store bought or built from logs etc.. within 100 yds of bait... HOWEVER... You could sit right in the bait pile, or however close you want as long as it was natural.. A rock outcropping, a blown down tree... This year no matter what, you cannot be within 100 yds of bait... We'll see how next year's rules go... I'm sure there will be a hunt come Oct... Nick I've said it before.. Make plans and come up... I know where the bears are... THAT GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE WANTING TO BEAR HUNT... ILL PUT YOU IN PRIME BEAR COUNTRY...

Bigcountry40

Ok here's last year's laws regarding baiting... Perfectly legal to bait.. However you could not hunt from an elevated stand, blind either store bought or built from logs etc.. within 100 yds of bait... HOWEVER... You could sit right in the bait pile, or however close you want as long as it was natural.. A rock outcropping, a blown down tree... This year no matter what, you cannot be within 100 yds of bait... We'll see how next year's rules go... I'm sure there will be a hunt come Oct... Nick I've said it before.. Make plans and come up... I know where the bears are... THAT GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE WANTING TO BEAR HUNT... ILL PUT YOU IN PRIME BEAR COUNTRY...
I just looked up non resident prices and license, basically $140 and I am out the doer? Anything else to it, I may take you up on this, I go out of state to hunt all the time

Reactions: Hedgelj