Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boulder grocery store shooting

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Apples and oranges - but dead is dead - yep on the crazy white guy

It's not really. They want to highly publicize some crazy white guy who shot 10 people, but completely ignore the fact that in Chicago alone 629 people have been shot in the first 2.5 months of this year. If I was to define "Mass shooting" Chicago would be it.. That's 7.6 people per day, every day. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, and the next day. Summer isn't even here yet. Unfortunately it doesn't fit their narrative that crazy white people should be alowed to own an AR-15 because Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and it's not white people. I wonder why the media is never called a bunch of racists for ignoring the plight of inner city African American youth and only sensationalizing the white guys.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Things that make you go HMMM....... white male my ass!

Police identified the suspect as Ahmad Alissa, a 21-year-old from Arvada, Colorado​

Dang not a crazy white guy this time

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
EDB1778B-B237-4B3C-8D9B-172C58FB0E16.jpeg

Geezer II

portage county oh
It's not really. They want to highly publicize some crazy white guy who shot 10 people, but completely ignore the fact that in Chicago alone 629 people have been shot in the first 2.5 months of this year. If I was to define "Mass shooting" Chicago would be it.. That's 7.6 people per day, every day. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, and the next day. Summer isn't even here yet. Unfortunately it doesn't fit their narrative that crazy white people should be alowed to own an AR-15 because Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and it's not white people. I wonder why the media is never called a bunch of racists for ignoring the plight of inner city African American youth and only sensationalizing the
Its an accepted way of life for the black gang bangers but we haven't accepted mass shootings because we might be a victim - worked in the inner city with black kids - one of their favorite expressions " i'll be just another dead n###er on the street" - i could relate a lot about my experience but there is not point in doing so

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its an accepted way of life for the black gang bangers but we haven't accepted mass shootings because we might be a victim - worked in the inner city with black kids - one of their favorite expressions " i'll be just another dead n###er on the street" - i could relate a lot about my experience but there is not point in doing so

There is a lot of truth to that. The news is all about sensationalism and ratings. The human mind always looks for an answer. The "why".. When we find something we can blame, it makes us feel safer. A boating accident and the people weren't wearing a life-jacket, a car accident that seemed minor but come to find out the person was following too close. The human brain always looks for a why so we can feel in control and safe. The news uses this heuristic and sensationalizes it. For inner city violence the why is pretty clear and most people simply avoid those locations. but a rogue gunman creates the sense of "nobody is safe, it could be anyone, we have to blame the evil black gun.

Since it's not a white guy, and presumably many of the victims will be white, I wonder if the new is going to sensationalize the rise in violence against whites. Like they did in Atlanta with Asians when in reality it had nothing to do with race. More fearmongering.

Geezer II

portage county oh
There is a lot of truth to that. The news is all about sensationalism and ratings. The human mind always looks for an answer. The "why".. When we find something we can blame, it makes us feel safer. A boating accident and the people weren't wearing a life-jacket, a car accident that seemed minor but come to find out the person was following too close. The human brain always looks for a why so we can feel in control and safe. The news uses this heuristic and sensationalizes it. For inner city violence the why is pretty clear and most people simply avoid those locations. but a rogue gunman creates the sense of "nobody is safe, it could be anyone, we have to blame the evil black gun.

Since it's not a white guy, and presumably many of the victims will be white, I wonder if the new is going to sensationalize the rise in violence against whites. Like they did in Atlanta with Asians when in reality it had nothing to do with race. More fearmongering.
In 3 days it will be over and they will be on Biden fall n or something - main stream in high gear now

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In 3 days it will be over and they will be on Biden fall n or something - main stream in high gear now

I bet it won't. They're trying to cram through a couple pieces of gun control legislation at the moment. One has passed the house and is due in the senate. They'll hype this up to put pressure on the senate republicans for universal background checks and other junk. They're probably just getting the details to craft the narritive at the moment, I'm sure David Hogg and the rest of them are already booking flights.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That didn't take long.

In Facebook posts over the last 18 months, he complained that he didn't have a girlfriend and hated Trump

On Tuesday, President Biden gave an address to the nation about the shooting. He said he would not 'speculate' on the shooter's motive but used the shooting to call for a ban on assault weapons across the country.

'Less than a week after the murders of eight people, while a flag was still flying half staff, another American city has been scarred by trauma. While we're still waiting for more information... I don't need to wait another minute to take common sense steps that will save lives.

'We can ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines in this country. We should do it again. The Senate should immediately pass the house bills that closed loopholes in the background system. This is not and should not be a partisan issue.

'We have to act. We should also ban assault weapons in the process. I'll have much more to say... but I want to be clear: those poor folks who died left behind families. We can save lives.'

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Kind of ironic they start pushing Feinstein gun control and we end up with 2 mass shootings in a couple weeks of each other.
Ol Joe was just on saying ban assault rifles, high capacity magazines, close loopholes. Pretty much ban everything. This is going to get ugly quick.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Geezer II

portage county oh
That didn't take long.

In Facebook posts over the last 18 months, he complained that he didn't have a girlfriend and hated Trump

On Tuesday, President Biden gave an address to the nation about the shooting. He said he would not 'speculate' on the shooter's motive but used the shooting to call for a ban on assault weapons across the country.

'Less than a week after the murders of eight people, while a flag was still flying half staff, another American city has been scarred by trauma. While we're still waiting for more information... I don't need to wait another minute to take common sense steps that will save lives.

'We can ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines in this country. We should do it again. The Senate should immediately pass the house bills that closed loopholes in the background system. This is not and should not be a partisan issue.

'We have to act. We should also ban assault weapons in the process. I'll have much more to say... but I want to be clear: those poor folks who died left behind families. We can save lives.'

Said that the investigation of this shooting would take a year - wtf

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Said that the investigation of this shooting would take a year - wtf

If they never state a narrative it gives them and the media time to run with whatever narrative fits their agenda. Sure it's baseless, and they'll eventually have to correct it, but nobody ever reads those.

Reactions: Stressless