Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boulder grocery store shooting

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Gunfire huh.... What did the cops roll up with Bredley spraying 25 mike. Or are you just being full of shit and portraying it like it was some kind of massive firefight. That damage is obviously from the swat guys using bully bars to break and rake.

1616530167545.png

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
More media sensationalism..... "A Swat team member runs toward the grocery store where gunman opened fire"

So they're trying to portray it as they got this pic as the officer was running towards the gunfire. So, uh, what are the two officers on the right doing who are standing around not behind cover. How about little miss highheels there walking calmly with her big green vest on.

Maybe this guy couldn't find his helmet and he's like way late getting there, and hoping his sarge doesn't chew his ass so he's hustling up to his guys.. If Miss office lady in the vest is already there I'm pretty sure the need to run towards gunfire is over.

1616530886880.png

We don't know.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
"Women hug on the corner of Broadway and Table Mesa Drive near a King Soopers grocery store following the shooting "

The Image they're trying to portray in your mind as you glance at it in the middle of a story are two horrifically shocked survivors embracing..

Except.. One of them is obvious a journalist judging by that big ass camera, meaning she probably wasn't anywhere close when it initially happened.

1616531850995.png

Reactions: Gern186

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
"Police use firefighting equipment to enter a King Sooper's grocery store where a gunman opened fire on Monday"

You mean they rappelled down through the skylight like mission impossible guns blazing? Sooooooo, they stood around and waited for the truck to arrive, park next to the building, position the outriggers, and then raise the ladder, all in the hopes that there was a sweet access point to go all rambo through to kill a gunman that was still inside???? .

Or, it it more plausible that they're simply doing a sweep post incident to make sure nothing/nobody was missed.

1616531925395.png

"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No shitty journalism here... Just that this womans cute... Home dude on the right though..... I don't know whats going on there. Gotta be the new guy, mask carrier, helmet, the whole 9. This looks like a scene out of the show blacklist. Got agent keen in the middle there.

1616532608345.png

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
More media sensationalism..... "A Swat team member runs toward the grocery store where gunman opened fire"

So they're trying to portray it as they got this pic as the officer was running towards the gunfire. So, uh, what are the two officers on the right doing who are standing around not behind cover. How about little miss highheels there walking calmly with her big green vest on.

Maybe this guy couldn't find his helmet and he's like way late getting there, and hoping his sarge doesn't chew his ass so he's hustling up to his guys.. If Miss office lady in the vest is already there I'm pretty sure the need to run towards gunfire is over.

View attachment 123899
We don't know.
Let us not forget the police caution tape which has already been knocked or cut down. Clearly a staged pic with poor writing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't mean that to make fun of or critizise the police or firemen they have to walk into a crazy unknown situation - just a mess

Please don't get me wrong I wasn't criticizing anyone in those pics above, simply demonstrating how the media likes to spin the narrative but if you look close the narrative isn't supported.

I was cracking on the rookie a little in that last pic. No more than I would crack on fellow servicemembers though. The bottom line is the dude geared up and answered the call, even if he went all Elmer fud on it. 😅👍

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Let us not forget the police caution tape which has already been knocked or cut down. Clearly a staged pic with poor writing.

Yep. But it's not poor writing, it's by design. A thoughtless glance with a sensationalized statement makes it look like a heroic shot. It plays to the emotions of the reader. The reality is dude could have been running for any number of reasons the least if which is how they tried to portray the picture.