Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow Shoot at Crooked Run Archery

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like a lot of fun guys.... WHat happened too Beeners bow? 280 yards????? Well how close he get????

Surprisingly Ron, Jesse, and I were all in about a 4 foot group behind the target. I would say we missed high by about 2 feet and left about 4. Moundy launched a trad shot from about 100 and came dang close as the arrow parachuted straight down.

Later to close the course we made up a shot at a 110 yard deer. Ole mounds 10 ringed it on his 2nd shot. The rest of us didn't miss by much. With the wind you had to hold 3 feet off his rump. Most of us shot under or slightly over but we were all right in the ballpark with arrows grouped 5 yards behind the deer in about a 6 foot circle

Diablo54

Outside
Surprisingly Ron, Jesse, and I were all in about a 4 foot group behind the target. I would say we missed high by about 2 feet and left about 4. Moundy launched a trad shot from about 100 and came dang close as the arrow parachuted straight down.

Later to close the course we made up a shot at a 110 yard deer. Ole mounds 10 ringed it on his 2nd shot. The rest of us didn't miss by much. With the wind you had to hold 3 feet off his rump. Most of us shot under or slightly over but we were all right in the ballpark with arrows grouped 5 yards behind the deer in about a 6 foot circle

Moundy can't shoot trad lol!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great pics fellas! I really had a great time this weekend. It was nice to finally meet a few more from the TOO brotherhood. Beener was taking a lot of interesting pics with Schu's camera, so I'm looking forward to seeing those. One in particular involved a T-Rex... or was it a kangaroo??? lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pics so far guys! I got home around 2:00 and been unpacking and cleaning up till now. One whupped pup here! Let me say this, what a GREAT bunch of guys! It was so nice to finally meet some more TOO brothers! Finally got to meet Joe, Jim,Steve,Mike and Klay,Greg, "TOOT your Flute Greg"!,Scott and Marcus(Mao). Although I've already met Jesse,Taylor,Jake and Charles it was great to see them again and get to know them better. Ron, is was great to have you come join us this weekend. We don't see each other very much these days so sneaking in an extra weekend was great. We need to do things like this more often although many of us are busy and finding dates that we all could get away gets challenging.

A big thanks to Marcus for allowing us to come enjoy the beauty of his families farm and shooting range! The hospitality was great and the range was very nicely designed and setup!

We had some much food left over we could have made another day and night of it. I'll grill it up tonight for our supper.lol Jesse, the backstraps and breakfast burritos were the bomb! Greg, the sloppy joes were awesome and they held everybody over till the shooting was over and well into the early evening. Charles made some killer ass chip dip, Joe had some nice sausages for the grill and Scott kept us supplied with deer snack stick sausages throughout the evening. Glad the fellas enjoyed the spicy chicken thighs I grilled for supper.

Drinking a few beers and enjoying a campfire with friends is one of my most favorite things to do! Thanks to everyone who were able to make it and I'll be looking forward to meeting those who didn't some other time. Hopefully at the TOO bowhunt in Athens Co.

Finally, just a few things. Mike, it was great that you brought Klay to the shoot and campout. I was very impressed with how he has been coming along and how well he judges yardage and keeps that bow arm up after the shot. Sorry that Koty couldn't make it but I'm sure he'll make the next one. Taylor, Trad shooting and hunting really takes skill and talent and you got them both. Keep up the good work! Jake, nice pinwheel at 110 yards man!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I had an awesome time! I finally got to meet some of you guys I've been wanting to meet. Marcus thanks a lot for having us rednecks out. I was impressed with the course. Other than the rain the weather was perfect and made for some awesome camping. As far as the food goes, we ate like champs. Even breakfast was awesome. I know I can't wait till October for the next too gathering.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had a great time as well. Right now I'm spent. I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow. If there is anything specific you guys want posted let me know. There are about 170 photos, so obviously they all won’t get posted. Big thanks to Marcus and the rest of the TOO gang for a great weekend.

Diablo54

Outside
I had a great time. Shot like crap but the people made it all worthwhile. Finnaly got to meet a few more members it's nice being able to put a face with a name. Thanks Marcus for being generous enough to have us all out. The food was great. See you all in October.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I had to Cotty ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343608173.203977.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had a great time as well. Right now I'm spent. I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow. If there is anything specific you guys want posted let me know. There are about 170 photos, so obviously they all won’t get posted. Big thanks to Marcus and the rest of the TOO gang for a great weekend.

I would love to see all the photos. Would you be able to email them to me? Sorry to be a pain, but I know Beener got some good ones. Or at least maybe email me the better ones?
Let me know...

cotty16 said:
I almost forgot! Got to meet Bowhunter 57 as he delivered my good from Hicks via the Redneck Express. I truly appreciate that and it was nice meeting you.
It was nice meeting you too, Mike and you're most welcome. I had committed myself to going to the shoot earlier in the week and then some other plans developed with my brother for fishing. I didn't want to bale on Phil, so I had to drop them off. Looking back, I wished I had stayed, shot the course and visited longer with the gang. Next time, I will. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Oops sorry Schu. lol