Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason ‘19-‘20

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had a perfect hunt tonight. I hurt my back again four weeks ago. My back feels fine now but my right leg is give me fits. Nerve pain I guess. It knots up into a painful ball if I walk more than a few feet.
I had Mason drive me within 100 yards of a corn pile he has been maintaining for pics. I carried a bucket in for a seat. After the LONG walk in I settled into a well concealed position with my longbow and video camera. I figured if I could get it on video I’d shoot a doe. Mason could track it down and get it out if it worked out.
I hadn’t been there 15 minutes, longbow still laying on the ground with an arrow nocked. I look up and there is a big old doe 15 yards away. She and her fawn stroll right to the corn and start eating. They are at ten yards, facing me. I can’t reach for the camera or the bow. After ten or fifteen minutes she turns broadside and leaves... my bow still laying at my feet. That was all I saw and no one had to die. Absolutely perfect!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason hunted alone last night while I was at work. He saw 12, six small bucks.
Here is a buddy with his buck. He’s been chasing him for four years and finally got a crack at him the other night. You can kill a slob in early October!
23CE5817-D3F3-42E2-9B9A-E482D19D6B88.jpeg