Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason ‘19-‘20

Fletch

Supporting Member
Brock great pics and write up... Thanks for taking us along for the ride... Sorry Mason was a little under the weather due to the high elevation and you guys didn't score... I'm still willing to bet that it was one heck of a trip that you guys will always cherish... And hey that's why we go on these trips, to make memories... If he's still looking for an adventure, our bear tags go on sale next week... I know a few places that some decent size Yogi's are roaming.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bummer it ended early. We drank water like mad on our trip to CO. Still had mild headache fro.the altitude. Glad Mason got to experience it and is feeling better.

Reactions: brock ratcliff

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just got a phone call from Steve. There is one spot in the middle of a meadow at about 11,500’ that you can occasionally get service if you hold your head right. Apparently Dwayne just put an arrow through a good bull on the exact set up that Steve put Mason on Sunday night. They don’t feel good about the shot. It was 28 yards and wide open but the arrow hit low. Steve said Dwayne had to peek and dropped his arm. That is the sort of thing that happens on slam dunk opportunities. They are going to look for the bull in the morning. He said there was another bull screaming in the woods when Dwayne shot the one in the meadow.

Lucky

Sunbury
Brock..have to say thats probly the best or one of the best write ups ive read on here. Partialy cause my oldest boy Hunter is wanting to hunt this year so reading about you and your boys adventures just makes anticipate the hunting memories ahead. Great story and like most were saying its about the time u spend together making memories. Great read and ill definatly be following along this season. Good luck to the both of you.. Goo pick of the grey jay on his head. In the camps in Alaska they were always around trying to get into meat bags that were hanging or comming right into he tents or landing on you. Havnt seen that in almost 20 yrs. Cant wait for your deer stories and next adventure.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just getting caught up around here! Loved catching up with your thread and really enjoyed the write up. Like others have said, what a memory yall made and lessons learned in the process.
Good luck the remainder of your seasons, something’s gonna bleed I’m fairly certain about that....😎👍🏻

Reactions: brock ratcliff

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A friend told Mason he wanted a deer. He also said he’d take a young one because they “eat good”. Request filled.
This was another benchmark for Mason. He recently got his license and a car. He left me at home and drove out to this farm solo, shot the deer and called me to bring a truck. :). He doesn’t need me for much anymore 😁
B461FA36-04B2-46D8-BD1A-EFE3576CC9C9.jpeg