Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason ‘19-‘20

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gun season has been fun. Hunted with Lathe on the opener. I saw 15-20 deer No bucks. Hunted last night, saw two does and a small buck. Tonight I hunted a blind 30 yards or so from my truck. I saw three does and two bucks. One dink and one I almost launched into eternity. I had the gun in him as he came from the woods, stopped him and nearly let him have it. I’d have regretted shooting. He was a nice deer, but not great and I was worried it may have been a young buck I’ve already seen. Once he turned and I saw him from behind, I’m not sure if it was the same buck or not. Regardless, I’m glad I didn’t kill him. A fun evening in a comfortable blind.
Here is a pic of the deer I thought it may have been.
F6F5FDE8-1069-4151-8B1E-D7A2A03DA436.jpeg
6ABB4648-50C0-4B7E-B721-67C9B6C37D43.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I threw an airball this morning. Sat the blind turtle, 30 yards from my truck. Only saw one deer but he was a pretty good one. The 450’s streak came to an end when I launched one towards a good buck and apparently missed. I saw him jump from above my scope so I assume I peeked. I’ve gotten used to seeing them hit the ground when hit with that gun and I must have wanted to see that before completing the shot. Beats me, that’s my best guess. All the fun.. no mess. Perfect.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had a couple of good dogs in the woods today; Mason and his buddy Caleb. We had an absolute blast. I killed a coyote and a buck that could have been a dandy in a couple years. When those boys moved him to me, I shot him running at full speed and felt zero regret. First deer I think I’ve ever killed due to Masons effort. I found out today that I can run the bolt gun with no issues and once you get a running critter in the scope it’s just a matter of touching one off. Coyote at full speed at 75 yards. The buck was flat hauling it. Hit him the first shot a couple inches too far back at about 100, missed the second shot and sent him nose planting with the third shot at about 150. Good clean fun.
A3A2C3A1-F0B9-4483-82BE-67FAC6240E1C.jpeg
B9E71E1D-A3A1-4197-96A9-8D2AC3DE3B8F.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Chad. Unfortunately he’s as good as he is gonna get... lol. This stuff is just for fun, and this was a great time. I’m pretty sure it’s the same deer pictured a couple posts up the page. I gave him a free pass back a couple weeks ago and I’m pretty sure I gave him a pass earlier this week. Today, Mason and Caleb worked really hard to put him in front of me and I cut loose. 😁