Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Got this pic of a doe yesterday... Is she fat or what??? Too late to be carrying fawns....
224395470.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My cell cams batteries went dead after 3 weeks and only 269 pics. But I had trespassers mess with it and other cams. From behind, they opened the covers and popped the cards out. They didn’t take the cards though. The cams were left on. I’m hoping that hurt the battery life. Probably not.
BTW: one good thing about having too many cams is they didn’t get all of them. I had 5 videos of them. Posted them on Facebook and my daughter called within 30 seconds identifying all 4 of them. After an interesting phone call I went to sheriffs office and filed a report but didn’t press charges only because I work with the dad of 2 of them. He said it was an honest mistake. I bit my tongue. Honest went out the window when they tampered with 3 cams.

Fletch

Supporting Member
My cell cams batteries went dead after 3 weeks and only 269 pics. But I had trespassers mess with it and other cams. From behind, they opened the covers and popped the cards out. They didn’t take the cards though. The cams were left on. I’m hoping that hurt the battery life. Probably not.
BTW: one good thing about having too many cams is they didn’t get all of them. I had 5 videos of them. Posted them on Facebook and my daughter called within 30 seconds identifying all 4 of them. After an interesting phone call I went to sheriffs office and filed a report but didn’t press charges only because I work with the dad of 2 of them. He said it was an honest mistake. I bit my tongue. Honest went out the window when they tampered with 3 cams.

Honest mistake???? Yeh ok, what right does someone have messing with someone else's stuff??? It's not yours leave it the F. Alone... Hope you told them next time you get pics of them tresspassing you will see them in court.... Always pays to have some tresspasser cams...

I think battery life is a common thing with cell cams. On my cuddelink I am running solar panels with rechargeable batteries on 3 of the remotes. Have an external battery box on a camera that I am using as a repeater and I have the home camera hooked up to the battery and solar panel at the cabin. Here is the place where I bought an aftermarket regulator and cable for my home camera.

http://custom1enterprises.com/default.htm

They are great but it really stinks as you have to spend more money to get decent battery life.

Reactions: Spencie

Fletch

Supporting Member
Glad the action picked up...I know you were concerned about the lack of pics. They must’ve been in the corn!😂
Corn is still standing... Still concerned... Where is this guy we had several pics of him in the early summer on regular cams throughout the farm... This pic was from early June, still had alot of growing time with tons of potential... EHD is always in the back of your mind...

IMG_20190819_124919.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I ended up sending my cam back. It went dead again after 250 pics or so. They reimbursed me my money with no questions asked. Still disappointed. It was cool getting pics sent to my phone. May try another model some day.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I ended up sending my cam back. It went dead again after 250 pics or so. They reimbursed me my money with no questions asked. Still disappointed. It was cool getting pics sent to my phone. May try another model some day.
Check out spartan cameras. I use one in Ohio, Fletch uses one in Illinois I believe, and a friend of mine has one in Indiana. With a solar panel I posted at the beginning of this thread, you’ll never have to worry about batteries. I put mine up in early May and it still has a full charge.