Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Check out spartan cameras. I use one in Ohio, Fletch uses one in Illinois I believe, and a friend of mine has one in Indiana. With a solar panel I posted at the beginning of this thread, you’ll never have to worry about batteries. I put mine up in early May and it still has a full charge.
Spencie…. Fury is correct, we are running 2 Spartans out in Illinois and they are performing FLAWLESSLY... My friends has been out since March and hasn't skipped a beat... Its running on 12 AA batteries and 1 external 6 volt battery and batteries are still fine.... Can be controlled through your cell phone... Example: I had it taking two test pics a day and I recently shut that option off from a 1000 mi. away... Pics are crystal clear also... Only problem is that its mid-Oct. and we don't have a single shooter on cam yet... Really starting to worry as I'm not buying it that all the deer are out in the corn... Buck's should be starting to roam more and start making scrapes and rubbing their horns... Seem's a lot of locals are saying the same thing and have not found any dead ones near water... So where are they??? But I would definitely buy a Spartan if I was you.... And we have had very good luck with AT&T service....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Brock I hope so...Corn got in late due to weather this spring, so it probably won't be cut till the end of Oct. Strange thing is last year we had a ton of pics throughout the summer months of nice bucks on our regular cams.. The 2 Spartan cams are in 2 of these spots.... Only difference was there were soybeans planted which does mean they spend more time in the wooded areas....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
About 9 years ago there was a cornfield at the farm next to my house. The second day of the gun season they cut it (late cut due to weather) and I killed my biggest gun buck that afternoon and another good one on that Saturday. Never had a trailcam pic of them. My stand is only 100 yards from the standing corn so they must’ve stayed in it the entire fall. Once it was cut, they lost their main bedding area. I think once they cut the corn, you’ll start getting some pics Fletch!😁

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fletch

Supporting Member
Look what showed up on the one SpartanS a little while ago. Nothing to get overly excited about but guessing 140 ish... Might be hope....
Image-1_02.jpg

Check out spartan cameras. I use one in Ohio, Fletch uses one in Illinois I believe, and a friend of mine has one in Indiana. With a solar panel I posted at the beginning of this thread, you’ll never have to worry about batteries. I put mine up in early May and it still has a full charge.
No cell cam has good battery life. A solar panel, external battery packs, etc is necessary. I did that on my cuddelink system and they are working great. Only downside is I am not getting any interesting bucks. Pretty much just the same couple of 3 points going from cam to cam. LOL.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
No cell cam has good battery life. A solar panel, external battery packs, etc is necessary. I did that on my cuddelink system and they are working great. Only downside is I am not getting any interesting bucks. Pretty much just the same couple of 3 points going from cam to cam. LOL.
Yup, with just batteries, it would stop working after about 8 weeks...now it’s been full charge ever since I put up the solar panel/6v battery. Cellular cams just eat up batteries.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Must be nice being able to put up solar panels and cams and not have them get jacked up or stolen. Yea...I'm bitter and jealous. :)

angelzd28

Nice one, I agree about the corn. The neighboring farm has had beans the last 2 years and I got good bucks on camera all summer and early fall. This year corn got put in late and my TC's have been pretty quiet all summer. Im thinking/hoping they are in the corn, and hopefully it comes out soon. We'll just have to wait and see...........Good luck tho!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had good luck with the spypoints. I'm getting 3+ months on each set of batteries.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah. That doesn't scream "things are heating up and the rut is coming" unless those boys are a little. . . Funny.

Reactions: Fletch