Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just wanted to share a quick story.

I've been running spypoints the last couple seasons and have been very happy with the performance. Well, recently, I had one of them that simply lost its ability to transmit pictures. It was likely a failure in the modem. So I sent Spypoint a message on Facebook, and within a day I had an email from customer service. After we tried a few troubleshooting steps, it was determined that the camera was toast, and I was given a return authorization number. No questions asked... Spypoint sent me a new camera right away. In fact, they shipped it as soon as I have them the the tracking number for sending back the faulty camera. So I didn't have to wait more than a few days to be back in the game. I was very happy the service, considering the camera was getting close to 2 years old.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Jesse... By now you should have some pics, let's see um... Look who showed up at my end of the farm... If he stays on our property, he should live a long life... His right side is just too weak....
272599055.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I also have a spartan cellular cam...after the camera and solar panel purchase, Verizon charges $5 per month as a add on and spartan charges $36 per year. Total cost to operate is $96 per year. Sends pics every time it triggers. Camera is a bit pricey at around $450 and solar panel and battery was around $150. After those initial hits to the wallet, I think $96 per year isn’t a bad deal to have 365 days a year coverage.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Mine is billed through Spartan... I'll have to check exact cost... My camera cost $299.00... To that I added a 6 volt external battery which was less than $20.... Cost for 1gb of data for 3 months is $35.99.. That's an AT&T plan.

Reactions: Big_Holla

twireman

Kingston, OH
@bowhunter1023

How has your experience been with the spypoint? I may get one to bounce around at my local properties and keep our coverts down at my parents. My friend at work had some issues after a couple weeks but spypoint sent a new one without hesitation.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Picture quality is terrible, but it's doing great in terms of trigger response and battery life. 411 pics and still at 85% battery. Catches the quad centerframe every time we roll past it. The pic quality matches the price point, but I feel the other aspects that it does well with, make it a good value for the $ so far. I'm going to test it over bait for muzzy season and see how it does in that application.

Bobcat

spypoint.jpg_99110249196355.jpg

Good cold trigger.

spypoint.jpg_99064154674653.jpg

spypoint.jpg_99085746357406.jpg

Again, great trigger, terrible quality. It's the "high quality" setting, but it's a sub 1MB file. I haven't pulled the actual SD card to see if they're better on there since it's likely compressing the files before transmitting.

spypoint.jpg_99247635507292.jpg

Reactions: twireman