Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clinton county giant?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Luckily for myself I know the wardens I would be dealing with. On a deer like that the first thing I would have done is to invite them to where I killed him and walked them through what took place. Nothing to hide and all of the evidence fresh and easy to read.

Great idea until one of them picks up a couple leaves and plants them somewhere else because their friend is the DA or for some other reason. Then the accusation is you fabricated the kill site and the one they found is the true one and they have DNA from that site to prove it . At that point it's just your word against theirs and they always appear honest to a jury. Every attorney will tell you, regardless of your innocence, when dealing with a law enforcement investigation call an attorney. If you ever shoot a deer that big, and I hope you do, your first call should be to an attorney, and then the warden only IF they advise you to.

Wiley E Coyote

Im going to have to let him pass and settle for a little 170 or 180 incher. 😄. Lawyer fees and all of that going to cut to deep into my whore money! I love them young whores at my age! 😂 Hopefully none of us have to go through a pile of BS like that and we can just keep on enjoying our time in the woods! It would really sour a guy on deer hunting to go through that I think 🦌

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I haven't seen a thing on this, wow, is all I can say if it ends up being an illegal deer.

Great idea until one of them picks up a couple leaves and plants them somewhere else because their friend is the DA or for some other reason. Then the accusation is you fabricated the kill site and the one they found is the true one and they have DNA from that site to prove it . At that point it's just your word against theirs and they always appear honest to a jury. Every attorney will tell you, regardless of your innocence, when dealing with a law enforcement investigation call an attorney. If you ever shoot a deer that big, and I hope you do, your first call should be to an attorney, and then the warden only IF they advise you to.

I hope I never kill a deer that needs a lawyer to be called, bump all that noise.

Reactions: Wiley E Coyote

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well. I have it on solid accord that the POS poached it. Confessed. And the racks been confiscated. They're just buttoning up loose ends.

fc6217e2-c3a4-4587-8ca8-c712bde7ea62_text.gif

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The hunting pages I follow and people aren’t much different than this place at all. Until this week that is. Just over the top nonsense for the most part with this topic. But it’s also provided information to share to the thread to hopefully answer some questions.

Oh come on now. I've browsed some of those FB hunting pages before. It takes about 5 minutes before I just shake my head and close it. 🤣 I used to work on a strategy to pull users from FB groups and to the forum, but after reading through the variois groups to hone that approach, I just said "they can fuggn keep em right where they're at" 🤣

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The hunting pages I follow and people aren’t much different than this place at all. Until this week that is. Just over the top nonsense for the most part with this topic. But it’s also provided information to share to the thread to hopefully answer some questions.

It's like TV, u are empowered to limit what you want, and you have control to change the channel. I have not seen a thing about this on FB, but I choose not to be part of the groups/areas where this happens.

It's like TV, u are empowered to limit what you want, and you have control to change the channel. I have not seen a thing about this on FB, but I choose not to be part of the groups/areas where this happens.
Agreed. Like I mentioned I only follow the Gary guy because of his outdoor gear sales and all. In fact I won a 5 lb pail of clover seed from him years ago on a FB contest he had. This whole crazy drama talk seemed to come out of nowhere. I’ve unliked plenty of pages over the years and once I stopped seeing news articles and click bait I have it tailored to decent pages I enjoy following.

Reactions: 5Cent

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina