Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

C'mon ice

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
20190126_150532.jpg
20190126_150537.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw on FB that an entire family of 7 went through the ice at Mosquito. All survived with the help of other anglers. Be careful out there.

This is why I don’t go on ice.... I know lots of folks do it and know when it’s safe but I’ll stay on land...

Reactions: Dustinb80

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We skated on goofed off on our pond when I was a kid a lot. We played hockey some too and after every wipe out I was amazed I didn’t go through. I’ve freaks me out and I have no idea how I lived to adulthood.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We skated on goofed off on our pond when I was a kid a lot. We played hockey some too and after every wipe out I was amazed I didn’t go through. I’ve freaks me out and I have no idea how I lived to adulthood.
We did the skating when we were kids. Fell through way too often and figured I’d just pushed my lick once too often....

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I know next to nothing about ice fishing. Many of the commenters drew attention to 7 people in one ice tent? Too much weight in one spot? Sounded as though they had been there a while.
So many variables and they all change on each lake. tributaries, depth, wind effect, etc. I don't go out without spudding first, even on my own pond. On big lakes I do the same unless on well traveled trails. Even then, I always stop and check sketchy looking patches and every crack before sending it across.