Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

C'mon ice

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
BB487913-BF40-41DD-963A-71AF14A584B5.jpeg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Strong south winds are predicted for next several days. Couple that with all this rain and it may blow it all out and send it towards Canada. I predict a ton of runoff from the snow melt and rain which will blow all the rivers out on the west end. Hate to be a downer. Definitely some cold temps headed our way after Thursday for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Strong south winds are predicted for next several days. Couple that with all this rain and it may blow it all out and send it towards Canada. I predict a ton of runoff from the snow melt and rain which will blow all the rivers out on the west end. Hate to be a downer. Definitely some cold temps headed our way after Thursday for an extended period of time.
Yea, lake Erie is a long shot at this point for sure. I'm mainly talking about inland reservoirs, ponds, marinas, etc.

I fished East Harbor for a few hours yesterday. Spudded around and found some thin spots that just recently froze over, but everywhere else was 4-6" of ice. Water was pretty murky though and I only caught two small gills. Nothing to write home about but it was nice to knock the dust off a bit.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I've always wanted to fly over to the islands and do the bed and breakfast over there. Prices aren't bad for the air taxi and lodging, just not sold on the guiding part. Almost have to though due to the limited amount of gear that you can fly over with.

Reactions: jagermeister

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
That's a damn fine offer from ya Nate, thank you!

Funny you mention the islands. I was just talking with a friend who family has a house on Kelley's and we got to talking about the season. If there is ever extra room to crash, he'd definitely let a few of ya Im sure. The more the merrier. February is gonna have to be awful damn cold before I think of stepping on Erie this year lol.

Ever since my good friend that I ice fished with since high school died on PIB in 2012, I haven't really had much of an itch. It's slowly coming back and I need to get equipment again.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
The good thing about the islands is that they usually get enough ice to walk out every year and you don't have to travel far. We'll see...