Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
With logic like yours, I wonder if you aren't a closet Leftist. šŸ˜‚

Grass is black. Joe wins.

Until they can prove they won those 5 games they never even attempted to play, their presence is illegitimate regardless of the outcome. The problem is they can't, because they never scheduled them, much less played them. Beating Alabama or Clemson doesn't retroactively prove that they would have won those 5 games. I however can point to numerous examples over the past few years where a strong buckeye team took a beating in those games, which as a result kept themselves out of the playoffs. Playing games matters, losing games matters, never playing or attempting to play games should matter just as much.

On the same side of the coin. Texas A&M struggled against UNC in the orange bowl, and at one point in the 3rd was losing. I don't view that as retroactive validation that the CFP was right in keeping them out. We can't say that.

It all boils down to this. Teams do amazing things when they unify and have determination. Even unranked basketball schools like Purdue can summon the drive to hand the number 6 team their ass by 29 points. Or Ole Miss the drive to kick Bamas ass 2 years in a row. Thats the magic of football, that the very essence of rooting for a team to prevail. Everyone deserves the shot that they earned. A&M was robbed of their shot in favor of ratings by a team that no matter how you slice the pie, didn't earn it. Makes it kind of hard to summon that drive and spirit when you know you were robbed in favor of ratings. To me that is the destruction of the game, without legitimacy the playoffs are nothing more than some staged pay per view fight put on for ratings and revenue.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Until they can prove they won those 5 games they never even attempted to play, their presence is illegitimate regardless of the outcome. The problem is they can't, because they never scheduled them, much less played them. Beating Alabama or Clemson doesn't retroactively prove that they would have won those 5 games. I however can point to numerous examples over the past few years where a strong buckeye team took a beating in those games, which as a result kept themselves out of the playoffs. Playing games matters, losing games matters, never playing or attempting to play games should matter just as much.

On the same side of the coin. Texas A&M struggled against UNC in the orange bowl, and at one point in the 3rd was losing. I don't view that as retroactive validation that the CFP was right in keeping them out. We can't say that.

It all boils down to this. Teams do amazing things when they unify and have determination. Even unranked basketball schools like Purdue can summon the drive to hand the number 6 team their ass by 29 points. Or Ole Miss the drive to kick Bamas ass 2 years in a row. Thats the magic of football, that the very essence of rooting for a team to prevail. Everyone deserves the shot that they earned. A&M was robbed of their shot in favor of ratings by a team that no matter how you slice the pie, didn't earn it. Makes it kind of hard to summon that drive and spirit when you know you were robbed in favor of ratings. To me that is the destruction of the game, without legitimacy the playoffs are nothing more than some staged pay per view fight put on for ratings and revenue.
Why does Texas A&M get the fourth spot over UC then Joe? SEC bias? They played better in their bowl game against GA as well! Tired of seeing two SEC teams in 4 team playoffs even when they donā€™t deserve it. The SEC was down this year and you and ESPN still insist they were the most deserving team....šŸ¤”šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So if the buckeyes win its not a fair win. :poop:

What a crock of shit.

A 5-0 team getting in the playoffs is a crock of shit indeed.

Why does Texas A&M get the fourth spot over UC then Joe? SEC bias? They played better in their bowl game against GA as well! Tired of seeing two SEC teams in 4 team playoffs even when they donā€™t deserve it. The SEC was down this year and you and ESPN still insist they were the most deserving team....šŸ¤”šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Simple. Where the regular season numbers fell. UC was like 11th and T A&M was 5th. They should have been 4th if some 5-0 team wasn't sucking up a slot. At 5th A&M was a 9-1 team with their only loss to the #1 team. That beats 5-0 every day of the week, especially for the reasons I mentioned previously. The moment the Big 10 said they were not even going to schedule half the season is the moment they should have been made bowl ineligible. But you bring up a good point, even UC at 9-0 had more validity to being in than the 5-0 Buckeyes. Thats why I said the non-power 5 just need to ditch the CFP and create their own NC series. They'll never make it, regardless of merit. Even if they went to a all conf champs playoff I would be ok with that. Validity is what matters.

How people feel about "Tired of seeing two SEC teams in 4 team playoffs" should have ZERO bearing on who gets in. ZERO. Two big 10 teams, Two SEC teams, Two ACC teams I don't care as long as the teams that earned it are given their shot and validity is maintained. The teams that go out there and play a full season and make it should be the ones who are there, regardless of conference or ratings.

Without validly it's just another reality show where a bunch of twats sit around and vote on who should stay on the island.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
You sound scared of the game tonight
759371F1-4EEF-4A35-BC49-D16AAF2389BF.gif

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You sure spend alot of energy trying to dejustify the team that is playing Bama tonight.

I spend a lot of energy trying to defend the validity of a sport that I've enjoyed immensely over the years. Over the years I made statement against ND, Clemson, and even one year said that Bama had no business being in the palyoffs. Just last weekend I even said the buckeyes looked awesome and would have no trouble beating Bama if they played like that again. But it's only when I pick on the precious buckeyes does it get remembered and chastised as biggotry. :rolleyes: I've held the same stance since the inception of the CFP, creation of the stupid ass targeting rule, and a host of other things that have fundamentally changed the sport. Validity must be maintained. The CFP has shown what most already knew, they're nothing more than a bunch of twats voting on who stays on the island and it's all about ratings and money. I railed against NASCAR when they started all of their BS with bump drafting and rules against racing. Coincidentally, NASCAR all but ruined the sport and I haven't watched a race since lord knows when. Color me a man of principals who doesn't appreciate BS

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A 5-0 team getting in the playoffs is a crock of shit indeed.

Simple. Where the regular season numbers fell. UC was like 11th and T A&M was 5th. They should have been 4th if some 5-0 team wasn't sucking up a slot. At 5th A&M was a 9-1 team with their only loss to the #1 team. That beats 5-0 every day of the week, especially for the reasons I mentioned previously. The moment the Big 10 said they were not even going to schedule half the season is the moment they should have been made bowl ineligible. But you bring up a good point, even UC at 9-0 had more validity to being in than the 5-0 Buckeyes. Thats why I said the non-power 5 just need to ditch the CFP and create their own NC series. They'll never make it, regardless of merit. Even if they went to a all conf champs playoff I would be ok with that. Validity is what matters.

How people feel about "Tired of seeing two SEC teams in 4 team playoffs" should have ZERO bearing on who gets in. ZERO. Two big 10 teams, Two SEC teams, Two ACC teams I don't care as long as the teams that earned it are given their shot and validity is maintained. The teams that go out there and play a full season and make it should be the ones who are there, regardless of conference or ratings.

Without validly it's just another reality show where a bunch of twats sit around and vote on who should stay on the island.
The Buckeyes were 6-0 not 5-0 for one thing and beat 2 quality teams. Iā€™m not arguing if the Buckeyes deserve to be here as Iā€™ve already mentioned in earlier post but the SEC bias is real and itā€™s getting old. Okie looked better than Tex A&M for cripes sake! Iā€™m just saying 2 SEC teams in ā€œthisā€ years playoffs would have exposed the bias even more. UC was more deserving and itā€™s a flip whose 5th between OKie and TX A&M even though I think Okie is the better of the 3 teams.

I do get your argument on the playing 5 to 6 less games but it sounds like youā€™ll never agree SEC gets too much love or bias. Thereā€™s been a few years they might have deserved 2 teams playing but not this year especially under these circumstances with COVID. Players not playing due to testing positive and politics keeping the higher up pussies in 2 power conferences from letting their schools play a full season. That still pisses me off! The players were the ones who lost out and had no say in the matter.
I am glad however the Buckeyes are playing and are playing a quality team again tonight cuz I want to see how they stack up going into next season. BUT mainly Iā€™m happy for the players because it wasnā€™t fair to them. GO BUCKS

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know itā€™s not fair to the players on the teams that played a fuller season either. Sucks that spineless power heads were in charge.

Reactions: giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Getting chastised about berating the Buckeyes on an OHIO Forum....wow thats shocking!!!!

View attachment 118674

Sorry I'll try to be less realistic and sheepishly follow the crowd.

The Buckeyes were 6-0 not 5-0 for one thing and beat 2 quality teams. Iā€™m not arguing if the Buckeyes deserve to be here as Iā€™ve already mentioned in earlier post but the SEC bias is real and itā€™s getting old. Okie looked better than Tex A&M for cripes sake! Iā€™m just saying 2 SEC teams in ā€œthisā€ years playoffs would have exposed the bias even more. UC was more deserving and itā€™s a flip whose 5th between OKie and TX A&M even though I think Okie is the better of the 3 teams.

I do get your argument on the playing 5 to 6 less games but it sounds like youā€™ll never agree SEC gets too much love or bias. Thereā€™s been a few years they might have deserved 2 teams playing but not this year especially under these circumstances with COVID. Players not playing due to testing positive and politics keeping the higher up pussies in 2 power conferences from letting their schools play a full season. That still pisses me off! The players were the ones who lost out and had no say in the matter.
I am glad however the Buckeyes are playing and are playing a quality team again tonight cuz I want to see how they stack up going into next season. BUT mainly Iā€™m happy for the players because it wasnā€™t fair to them. GO BUCKS

5-0 not counting the need to get the rules changed to play in their own conference title game. ;) The first coffin nail should have been the moment the Big 10 decided not to play half the season, the second should have been not even meeting the conf rules to play in their title game, and the third the win loss record against other teams in the nation to include unplayed games.

And I don't disagree that the SEC get a ton of love, and some of it unnecessarily. I think the reason for that is that year after year different teams in the SEC manage to step up to the plate. There is no other conference in the nation that does that. Just in the past couple seasons we've seen Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, even two bit Florida and A&M were making waves this year. Year after year it's typically a conference bloodbath. Honestly though, when was the last time anyone in the Big10 outside the Buckeyes amounted to anything? I don;t even know why they bother to make a big deal out of the Michigan VS OSU game. Maybe Penn St for a hot second over the last decade? There's no spice, no variety, no real Jeopardy. Short of the buckeyes stepping on their own dicks it's pretty much a lock.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like the thought of only buckeye fans think they should be here. Lmao, yeah, because we control the football worldšŸ¤£.

Obviously, a lot of people think this is granted.

Like I said a while back. One view of the CFP twitter feed during the announcement would show you that the vast vast majority of people outside buckeye nation thought it was BS. What OSU brings to the table is a TON of fans and viewers and a great merchandising base. The tail wags the dog.

Reactions: giles